1.她是个天生爱哭的人。rosy
she‘s a natural crier.
2.李明是个败家子。
li ming is the black sheep of his family. 叉子 英文
3.他真是个不知羞耻的家伙。
he‘s really a law-down dirty shame.
4.他可是个乐天派,整天无忧无虑的。
he‘s good-time charlie, feeling no worries and anxieties.
5.论开车技术,不李和小王那真是不分上下。
in the skills of driving, xiao li and xiao wang are neck and neck.
6.他已绞尽了脑汁。
he had racked his brain.
7.他可是个有头脑的人。
he‘s a brain.
j d com8.李明很能干。
li ming has a lot on the ball.
9.你刚才提到的那个作家只不过是个有名无实的人。
the man you‘ve just mentioned is but a poor apology for a writer.
10.他真的太没骨气了。
he really has no guts.
11.昙花一现
a flash in the pan
12.他对保险业务一窍不通。
he doesn‘t know beans about insurance business at all.
13.她很勇敢,但终因寡不敌众,被那帮人打晕过去。
the girl was brave enough, but as being outnumbered,she was finally knocked into the middle of next week by the gang.
the awful truth
14.他喜欢单枪匹马地去干。
he always likes to play a one hand.
15.他一开始就出师不利。
he got off on the wrong foot when he started doing it.
16.你还嫩点儿。
you‘re still wet behind the ears.
17.她的饭量特别小。
she eats like a bird.
18.那个孩子的嘴特别硬。
that boy never says uncle.
19.我们队占上风。
our team gained the upper hand.
feel什么意思20.你中圈套了。
you ro to the bait.
完成 21.你骗不了我。
i‘m from missouri.
22.见机行事
play to the score. (play to ears)
23.肯定有人唆使他去干那件事。
there must be someone who had put him up to that.(正式:唆使(instigate)
24.他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。
it's not that he doesn't like to help, but that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is week。
25.事到如今,我们也只好听其自然了。
with things as such, we'll have to let things be .
26.这几天不知是什么事把我搞得心烦意乱的。
i don't know what has t my nerves on edge the days.
27.让过去的事过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
let bygones be bygones. we are still friends.
28.昨天晚上好险哪。 老板同一个女职员在办公室动手动脚的,差-点儿让他的妻子给撞上。
the boss has narrow squeak last night in his office,his spooning with
a girl clerk was almost found out by his wife.
29.这场旱灾是百年不遇的。
this draught occurs once in a blue moon.
30.算了吧。
let's call it quits.
31.她的嘴很紧。
she's tight-mouthed.
2012陕西高考数学32.别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
Don't talk big with me. i have your number.
33.玲玲是她爷爷的掌上明珠。
ling ling is the apple of her grandpa's eye.
34.杰克体形匀称,个头儿适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神 ,成了许多女孩子追求的目标。
jack, with a body well-proportioned, about the middling, a pair of inten big eyes, has become the target of many pretty girls.
35.从人口数量方面讲,印度仅次于中国。
talking about the size of population, india is next only to china.
36.我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
i wouldn't freeload.
37.对牛弹琴
casting pearls before swine.
38.我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
i didn't know. i was only a shot in the dark.
39.他们开车到外面兜风去了。
they drove the car and went out for a spin.
40.你为什么总拿别人开心?
1 Do not prop your feet up. 不要把你的脚翘放在(桌子上)。
2 Scoot up. Scoot over. 往前挪一点。往旁边挪一点。
3 I am going to hit the bed in ten minutes. 我十分钟内就要休息了。
4 It won't be long before we hit the road. 我们很快就要上路了。
5 All things ought to be rolling at 4:30.所有的事情都要在四点半开始做。
6 You have to jump at the chance. 你必须要把握机会。
7 I am fixing to go out. 我正准备出门。(美国南部的习惯说法)
8 He is a redneck.他是个粗人。
9 You are not suppo to stay home during the weekend. 你不应该周末还呆在家里。
10 Never look down on people less superior than you. 千万不要小看地位不如你的人。
11 I can tell you from the top of my head. 我想都不用想就能告诉你。
12 I can tell you by heart. 我可以凭印象告诉你。
13 I can pretty much understand what you are talking about. 我很了解你说的是什么。
14 There you go.你说的对。
15 I do not know what that is. 我不知道那是什么。
16 This is over my head. 这超出了我的理解范围。
17 You beats me. 你问倒我了。
18 Does that ring a bell? 这帮你想起什么了吗?
19 I just do not get it. 我就是不能理解。
1 I heard the nature's call. 我要上厕所。 (大家可以理解吧?听到自然的呼叫了,嘿嘿。。)
2 Can you be more specific? 你能更明确些吗?
3 I bought a cake about this big. 我买了个大概这么大的蛋糕。(说的时候一般手也在比划哦)
美国留学费用
4 I'll walk you out.我送你出去。(我亲耳听到一个老美这么说过呢。)
melt the snow 5 I'll call on you next sunday. 我下个星期天去看你。(别想到是给你电话哦)
6 I want to run some errands. 我想去办点杂事。
7 You don't need to pull out your stationery.你不用拿出文具。
8 He pulled an all-nighter last night. 他昨天熬夜了。
9 They hang out a lot.他们经常在一起。
10 He was so hard on me last night. 他昨天晚上对我很凶。
11 I have a hard time with my wife.我和我老婆关系不好。
12 You are getting on my nerves. 你把我惹毛了。
13 Get off my back. 别烦我。
14 Give me a break. 放我一马吧。
on star