Unit 05 Quick fix society 原文译文

更新时间:2023-06-15 15:17:28 阅读: 评论:0

Text A
急于求成的社会
Quick Fix Society
詹妮特·曼德尔·戈德斯坦
Janet Mendell Goldstein
我和老公在西弗吉尼亚州度了一周的假,刚回来。
挥霍的意思My husband and I just got back from a week's vacation in West Virginia.
不用说,我们迫不及待地想到那里,于是便走了宾夕法尼亚收费高速公路和几条州际公路。
Of cour, we couldn’t wait to get there, so we took the Pennsylvania Turnpike and a couple of interstates.
“看哪,那些美丽的农场!”老公高声喊道,田园景色以每小时五十五英里的速度在我们身边
滑过。
"Look at tho gorgeous farms!" my husband exclaimed as pastoral scenery slid by us at 55 mph.
手雷英文
“你看见那些奶牛了吗?”可是,每小时五十五英里的速度,很难看清任何东西。美丽的农场像移动的绿色棋盘,成群的奶牛在后视镜里缩成了几个小黑点。
“Did you e tho cows?” But at 55 mph, it's difficult to e anything; the gorgeous farms look like moving green checkerboards, and the herd of cows is reduced to a few dots in the rear-view mirror.
四个小时里,我们唯一真正的乐趣就是数出口的标志,还有就是想再次停车时会有什么样的感觉。
For four hours, our only real amument consisted of counting exit signs and wondering what it would feel like to hold still again.
I can feel how cold the water is. 我能摸出来这水有多么凉。
The water feels warm. 觉得出这水是温的.
This wallet feels to me like leather. 我觉得这钱包像是皮的.
It feels like rain. 感觉好像要下雨.
How does it feel to be alone all day? 整日独自一人感觉如何?
的确,去那里看上去没多少快乐,事实上根本就没一点儿快乐。
考研政治红宝书Getting there certainly didn't em like half the fun; in fact, getting there wasn't any fun at all.
所以,该回费城外的家的时候,我坚持要换条路走。
So, when it was time to return to our home outside of Philadelphia, I insisted that we take a different route. gc
我建议说:“咱们去考察一下农村吧。”结果,我们返程的两天里满是新鲜的经历。
四六级成绩查询入口身份证查询“Let's explore that countryside,” I suggested. The two days it took us to make the return trip were filled with new experiences.
我们游览了内战时的一个战场,站在了一座小山上。一百二十五年前,也是一个七月炎热的下午,一万五千名南部邦联的士兵曾努力想攻占它,不想他们当中有一半人在徒劳的尝试中身亡。
We toured a Civil War battlefield and stood on the little hill that fifteen thousand Confederate soldiers had tried to take on another hot July afternoon, one hundred and twenty-five years ago, not knowing that half of them would get killed in the vain attempt.
我们驾车缓慢地驶过宾夕法尼亚安静的德国城的主要街道,将速度降至每小时二十英里,以免和去赶集的马匹和马车挤在一起。
We drove slowly through main streets of sleepy Pennsylvania Dutch towns, slowing to twenty miles an hour so as not to crowd the hors and hor carriages on their way to market.
unamud
在县城的博物馆里,我们欣赏了玩具火车和老式汽车;在工厂的直销商店里(购物),省了七成的钱。
We admired toy trains and antique cars in county muums and saved 70 percent in factory outlets.
在农户的自助餐厅里,我们饱饱地吃了一顿香料沙拉和家庭自制面包,而后便在外边闲逛,享受着阳光,欣赏着卧在阳光里的成群奶牛——这时可不是小黑点了。
娓We stuffed ourlves with spicy salads and homemade bread in an "all-you-can-eat" farmhou restaurant, then wandered outside to enjoy the sunshine and the herds of cows—no little dots this time — lying in it.
我们回到家里,恢复了精力,也恢复了活力,还又一次受到教育。这回到那儿的确是快乐啊。
We returned home refreshed, revitalized, and reeducated. This time, getting there had whatbeen the fun.
小学一年级英语单词
毫无特色的收费高速公路和州际公路成了我们许多人的专门选择,这是为什么呢?
Why is it that the featureless turnpikes and interstates are the routes of choice for so many of us?
大家为什么不试着放慢速度,去考察一下农村呢?
Why doesn't everybody try slowing down and exploring the countryside?
可是,越来越多的情况是,快车道看来成了我们要走的唯一道路。
But more and more, the fast lane ems to be the only way for us to go.
仁爱英语网
实际上,大多数美国人总是匆匆忙忙——而且不光是在从甲地赶到乙地这样的事上。
In fact, most Americans are constantly in a hurry—and not just to get from Point A to Point B.
我们的国家已经变成了一个追求速战速决的国家——不止在一个方面。
Our country has become a nation in arch of the quick fix—in more ways than one.
不要将来,只求现在:从前,美国人明白“好事多磨”的道理。我们从每次的收入里拿出一小部分,以备不时之需。
Now instead of later: Once upon a time, Americans understood the principle of deferred gratification (被推迟的满足). We put a little of each paycheck away "for a rainy day".
如果我们想要一个新沙发,或者在湖边的小屋里过上一周,我们就为此攒些钱。银行则会提供特别的圣诞购物储蓄账户和度假储蓄账户帮我们渡过难关。

本文发布于:2023-06-15 15:17:28,感谢您对本站的认可!

本文链接:https://www.wtabcd.cn/fanwen/fan/90/146037.html

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系,我们将在24小时内删除。

标签:速度   欣赏   奶牛   恢复   账户
相关文章
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
Copyright ©2019-2022 Comsenz Inc.Powered by © 专利检索| 网站地图