绝望的主妇 Desperate Houwives 第一季中英文剧本1
My name is Mary Alice Young.
我是Mary Alice Young.
When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article
当你浏览今天的晨报,可能会读到一篇文章
about the unusual day I had last week.
关于上个星期我所渡过的不平常的一天.
Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life,
通常,我的生活里是没有什么有新闻报道价值的,
but that all changed last thursday.
但是上个星期四一切都改变了.
Of cour, everything emed quite normal at first.
当然,起初,一切看起来都很平常.
I made breakfast for my family.
我给一家人做好早餐.
I performed my chores.
做家务.
I completed my projects.
完成我的手工作品.
I ran my errands.
完成我的使命.
In truth, I spent the day as I spent every other day --
事实上, 和平时没什么不同--
quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
一切都和往常一样,直到一件不寻常的事情的发生.
That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway clot
这就是为什么一切令人震惊,当我决定走向走廊的壁橱,
and retrieve a revolver that had never been ud.
拿起一把从没用过的左轮手枪.
My body was discovered by my neighbor mrs. Martha Huber,
我的尸体是被我的邻居Martha Huber发现的,
who had been startled by a strange popping sound.
她被一声奇怪的声音吓了一跳.
Her curiosity aroud,
她觉得很好奇,
mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.
Huber太太想了一个来不请自来的理由.
After some initial hesitation,
在犹豫了一会之后,
she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me six months before.
她决定来归还她6个月前从我这里借去搅拌器.
It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot.
我的邻居,我觉得她被枪击了.
There's blood everywhere.
到处都是血.
Yes. You've got to nd an ambulance. You've got to nd one right now.
是的,赶紧派救护车,叫救护车.
And for a moment,
过了一会之后,
mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen,
Huber太太呆呆地站在厨房里,
grief-stricken by this
因为这件事情而感动极度悲伤...
But only for a moment.
但是只有那么一会.
If there was one thing mrs. Huber was known for,
如果说Huber最大的特点,
it was her ability to look on the bright side.
就是她总能把事情往好的方面想.
I was laid to rest on a monday.
星期一人们把我安葬了.
After the funeral, all the residents of wisteria lane came to pay their respects.
葬礼之后,所有住在wisteria lane人都来表示他们对我的怀念和尊敬.
And, as peop
le do in the situations, they brought food.
就像人们在这种情况下通常会做的,他们送来点吃的.
Lynette Scavo brought fried chicken.
Lynette Scavo带了炸鸡.
Lynette had a great family recipe for fried chicken.
Lynette有一个大家庭,大家都喜欢炸鸡.
Of cour, she didn't cook much while she was moving up the corporate ladder.
当然,当她还是个职业女性的时候,她很少做饭.
She didn't have the time.
她没有时间.
But when her doctor announced Lynette was pregnant,
但是当她的医生告诉她怀孕了的时候,
her husband Tom had an idea.
他的丈夫Tom想了个办法.
"Why not quit your job?
"为什么不辞职呢"?
"Kids do better with stay-at-home moms. It would be so much less stressful."
"妈妈待在家里带出来的孩子会比较好,而且这样压力也比较小."
But this was not the ca.
但是事实并非如此.
In fact, Lynette's life had become so hectic,
事实上,Lynette的生活变得如此兴奋,
she was now forced to get her fried chicken from a fast-food restaurant.
她不得不去快餐店买一只炸鸡.
Lynette would have appreciated the irony if she stopped to think about it,
Lynette 如果仔细想想,可能会明白这是反话,
but she couldn't. She didn't have the time.
但是她不能,她没有时间.
- Stop it ! - But, mom!
- 住手! - 但是,妈妈!
No,
不,
you are going to behave today.
你们今天乖一点.
I am not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood.
我不想在大家面前丢脸.
And just so you know how rious
我是认真的...
what's that?
这是什么?
Santa's cell phone number.
Santa的电话号码r.
How'd you get that?
你怎么知道的?
I know someone who knows someone who knows an elf,
我认识个朋友,她的朋友里有人认识一个小恶魔,
and if any of you acts up, so help me, I will call Santa,
所以,今天如果你们谁捣蛋,我马上打电话给Santa,
and I will tell him you want socks for Christmas.
我会告诉他,你们圣诞节只要短袜就可以了.
You willing to risk that?
想试试么?
Okay. Let's get this over with.
好,那么我们把这个收起来.
Gabrielle Solis, who lives down the block,
Gabrielle Solis,住在街区的后面,
brought a spicy paella.
带了辣肉菜饭.
Since her modeling days in New York,
自从她开始在纽约当模特以来,
Gabrielle had developed a taste for
她对食物的品味渐渐提高...
and rich men.
还有那些有钱的男人.
Carlos, who worked in mergersnd acquisitions,
Carlos, who worked in mergersnd acquisitions,
propod on their third date.
在他们第三次约会的时候跟她求婚.
Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes,
当Gabrielle看见他眼
眶中的泪水时,被感动了,
but she soon discovered this happened
但是她很快发现
every time Carlos clod the big deal.
每当Carlos成功靠近一些大人物时都会这样.
Gabrielle liked her paella piping hot.
Gabrielle喜欢她那些新鲜的肉菜饭.
However, her relationship with her husband was considerably cooler.
但是她和她丈夫的关系很冷淡.
If you talk to Al Mason at this thing,
如果今天早上你跟Al Mason交谈,
I want you to casually mention how much I paid for your necklace.
我希望你能装着很随意的提起我花了多少钱给你买这条项链.
He let me know how much he paid for his wife's new convertible.
他上次告诉我他为他妻子的新造型花了多少.
Why don't I just pin the receipt to my chest?
我干脆在胸前贴一个价目条好了?
Look, just work it into the conversation.
看,只要在聊天的时候插入就可以了.
There's no way I can just work that in, Carlos.
我怎么插得进去嘛, Carlos.
Why not?
为什么?
At the Donoghue party, everyone was talking mutual funds,
Donoghue聚会上,每个人都在谈论那些什么共有基金,
and you found a way to mention you slept with half the Yankee outfield.
你却说什么你和那些农场里一半以上的美国佬睡过.
I'm telling you, it came up in the context of the conversation.
我告诉过你了,当时他们在说这些.
Hey, people are starting to stare. Can you keep your voice down, plea?
喂,大家都在看,轻点,好么?
Absolutely. We wouldn't want them to think we're not happy.
当然,我可不希望他们认为我们不和.
Bree van de Kamp, who lives next door,
Bree van de Kamp,住在隔壁,
brought baskets of muffins she baked from scratch.
带了两篮她烤的松饼.
Bree was known for her cooking,
Bree擅长做饭,
and for making her own clothes,
会自己做衣服,
and for doing her own gardening,
会园艺,
and for reupholstering her own furniture.
甚至会给她的沙发装椅面.
Yes, Bree's many talents were known throughout the neighborhood,
是的, Bree的很多才能大家都知道,
and everyone on Wisteria lane thought of Bree as the perfect wife and mother.
所有住在Wisteria lane的人都认为Bree是个完美的妻子和母亲.
Everyone, that is, except her own family.
每个人,事实上,除了她的家人.
Paul. Zachary.
Paul. Zachary.
Hello, mrs. Van De Kamp.
你好,Van De Kamp太太.
Bree, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble.
Bree,不好意思这么麻烦你.
It was no trouble at all.
一点也不麻烦.
Now, the basket with the red ribbon is filled with desrts for your guests,
这个扎红带子的篮子里装了一些甜点,餐后你可以拿给客人们享用,
but the one with the blue ribbon is just for you and Zachary.
但是这个扎蓝色带子的篮子里装的东西是给你和Zachary.
It's got rolls, muffins, breakfast-type things.
有松饼,各种各样的可以装在篮子里的吃的.
Thank you.
谢谢.
Well, the least I could do is
嗯,至少这是我能做的,
make sure you boys had a decent meal to look forward to in the morning.
这样孩子们明天早上至少能吃顿好的.
I know you're out of your minds with grief.
我知道你已经悲痛欲绝了.
Yes, we are.
是的.
Of cour, I will need the baskets back once you're done.
当然,吃完东西记得把篮子还给我.
Of cour.
当然.
Susan Mayer, who lives across the street,
Susan Mayer,住在街对面,
brought macaroni and chee.
带来了通心粉和奶酪.
Her husband Carl always tead her about her macaroni,
她的丈夫Carl总是笑她做的通心粉,
saying it was the only thing she knew how to cook,
说这是她唯一会做的东西,
and she rarely made it well.
而且她还做不好.
It was too salty the night she and Carl moved into their hou.
她和Carl搬来那天晚上做的,太咸.
It was too watery the night she found lipstick on Carl's shirt.
当她发现Carl的衬衫上有唇印的那天晚上做的通心粉又太松软.
She burned it the night carl told her he was leaving her for his cretary.
carl告诉她要离开她去他的秘书那里的那天晚上,她把通心粉倒了.
A year had pasd since the divorce.
她已经离婚一年了.
Susan had started to think how nice it would be to have a man in her life,
Susan开始觉得生活中有个男人是件美好的事情,
even one who would make fun of her cooking.
就算是一个只会嘲弄她的厨艺的男人.
< why would someone kill themlves?
妈妈... 为什么有人要自杀?
< sometimes people are so unhappy,
嗯...因为他们太不快乐了,
they think that's the only way they can solve their problems.
他们觉得这是他们解决问题的唯一方法.
But mrs. Young always emed happy.
但是,Young太太看起来一直很开心啊.
Yeah, sometimes people pretend to be one way on the outside when they're totally different on the inside.
嗯,是的,有时候有些人在外人面前的表现和实际上是完全不一样的.
Oh, you mean like how dad's girlfriend always smiling and says nice things,
哦,你是说爸爸的女朋友总是表面上看起来很好,
but deep down, you just know she's a bitch?
但是实际上,她只是个婊子?
I don't like that word, Julie.
我不喜欢这个字眼, Julie.
But, yeah, that's a great example.
但是,是的,这个例子棒极了.
Hey, what's going on? Sorry I'm late.
嗨,怎么了,抱歉我来迟了.
Hi, susan.
嗨, susan.
Hey. So, what did Carl say when you confronted him?
嗨,那么,当你反对的时
候, Carl怎么说?
You'll love this.
你会喜欢这个的,他说...
"it doesn't mean anything. It was just x."
"这不代表什么,只是性."
Ah, yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
哦是的,这是那些花花公子手册上第一页所写的.
Yeah, and then he got this zen look on his face, and he said, "you know, Susan,
是的,然后他摆出一脸无辜的表情,说, "你知道的, Susan,
most men live lives of quiet desperation."
大部分男人都在平静的绝望中过着他们的生活."
Plea tell me you punched him.
请告诉我说你踹了他.
No, I said, "really? And what do most women lead
没有,我说, "是么,那么大部分女人
lives of noisy fulfillment?"
每天所过的吵吵闹闹的日子有是什么呢?"
Hmm. Good for you.
嗯,说得好.
I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his cretary? I had that woman over for brunch.
我不明白,那么多人,干嘛和他的秘书搞在一起? 大概她的早餐做得比我好.
It's like my grandmother always said -- an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.
就像我祖母说的 -- 男人勃起的时候毫无道德可言.
Even the limp ones aren't that ethical.
就算没勃起的时候也是没什么道德的.
This is half the reason I joined the NRA.
这是半个我加入NRA的原因.
Well, when Rex started going to tho medical conferences,
嗯,当Rex开始参加这些医学会议时,
I wanted it in the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home
我希望他记得还有个爱他的妻子在家里等他.
with a loaded Smith & Wesson.
还有一群孩子.
Lynnie, Tom's always away on business. Do you ever worry he might?
Lynnie, Tom总是在外面公干,难道你不担心么?
Oh, plea, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years.
哦,拜托,这个男人让我在4年内怀了3次孕.
I wish he was having x with someone el.
我希望他去和别人做爱.
So, Susan, is he going to stop eing that woman?
那么, Susan,他决定不再见那个女人了么?
I don't know.
我不知道.
I'm sorry, you guys.
我很抱歉,我只是...
I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.
我只是不知道该如何渡过这一切.
Listen to me.
听我说.
We all have moments of desperation.
我们都有过绝望的时候.
But if we can face them head-on, that's when we find out just how strong we really are.
但是当我们勇于面对这些并继续前进,我们就会发现自己是多么坚强.
Susan. I was just saying Paul wants us to go over on friday.
Susan.我刚说Paul让我们周五过去.
He needs us to go through Mary Alice's clotand help pack up her things.
他想让我们帮忙收拾Mary Alice的衣橱和其他的东西.
He said he can't face doing it by himlf.
他说他一个人无法