Desperate Houwives S01E02
1--Previously on Desperate Houwives《绝望主妇》前情提要
2--If Mary Alice was having some sort of crisis,如果当时玛丽·艾莉丝有危机
3--we'd have known.我们会发现的
4--She lives 50 feet away, for god's sakes.她住的那么近
5--Gabby, the woman killed herlf.加布那个女人都已经自杀了
6--Something must have been going on.这事没这么简单
7--Every time I'm around that man, he tries to grab my ass.每次我在那男人周围他都想捏我的屁股
8--I made over $200,000 doing business with him last year.去年我从他那赚了二十万
9--If he wants to grab your ass, you let him.如果他想捏你的屁股让他捏
10--Why aren't you happy?那你为什么不开心
11--Turns out I wanted all the wrong things.看来我得到的都不是真正想要的
12--What's that?那是什么
13--It's a letter addresd to Mary Alice.一封给玛丽·艾莉丝的信
14--[我知道你干的好事真恶心我要告诉别人]
15--Oh, Mary Alice, what did you do?玛丽·艾莉丝你做了什么
16--An odd thing happens when we die.人死后会发生一件很有趣的事
17--Our ns vanish.几种感官相继消失
18--Taste, touch, smell, and sound味觉触觉嗅觉和听觉
19--become a distant memory,都成了遥远的记忆
20--but our sight --除了视觉
21--ah, our sight expands,我们的视野反而开阔许多
22--and we can suddenly e the world我们能把曾身处的世界
23--we've left behind so clearly.看得很清楚
24--Of cour, most of what's visible to the dead当然逝者所能看到的东西
25--could also be en by the living,生者也能看见
26--if they'd only take the time to look.只要他们肯花时间
27--Like my friend Gabrielle.比如我朋友加布丽尔
28--I should have en how unhappy she was,我早该看见她有多不开心
29--but I didn't.但我没有
30--I only saw her clothes 我只看见她那些巴黎定制的时装
31--and her 那些铂金珠宝
32--and her brand-new diamond watch.和崭新的钻石表
33--Had I looked clor,如果我仔细观察
34--I'd have en that Gabrielle was a drowning woman我会看见加布丽尔是一个溺水的女人
35--desperately in arch of a life raft.急切地寻找着救生筏
36--Luckily for her, she found one.幸运的是她找到一个
37--Of cour, Gabrielle only saw her young gardener加布丽尔只是让年轻的园丁
38--as a way to infu her life with a little excitement.给她的生活添点色彩
39--But now she was about to discover不过她马上就会发现
40--just how exciting her life could get.她的生活会如此多姿多彩
41--Damn it.该死
42--Come on, come on, come on! Hurry up! Let's go!快点快点赶紧过来
43--Where are the rest of my clothes?我别的衣服呢
44--I'll find them. Just get out.我来找赶紧出去
45--Where?从哪
46--- Out the window. - What?-窗户 -什么
47--Go, go, go, go, go!快点快点
48--Hi, honey. You're home early.亲爱的你今天真早
49--My meeting got canceled.我的会议取消了
50--Didn't you take a shower this morning?你早上不是洗了澡吗
51--I, uh, I just finished a workout.我刚运动了一会
52--Where's John?约翰在哪
53--John?约翰
54--Yeah. That's his truck out front.他的推车停在外边呢
55--Gabrielle was panicked.加布丽尔很惊慌
56--She knew if her husband discovered her cret,她知道如果她丈夫发现了她的秘密
57--she would feel the full force of his wrath.她能想象他暴怒的样子
58--Hey, Mr. Solis.索利斯先生
59--Hey, John, take care of that ficus yet?约翰那颗榕树弄好了没
60--- I'll get to it as soon as I'm done here. - All right.-我把这做完了就去 -很好
61--But she was quickly 不过她马上想到
62--What Carlos couldn'只要没被卡洛斯发现
63--Yeah, sure. No problem.当然没问题
64--couldn't hurt her.一切都会安然无恙
65--The peaceful facade of Wisteria Lane had recently been shattered,紫藤郡平静的表面已经被打破66--first by 首先是我自杀
67--and then by the discovery of a note among my belongings然后是我遗物中的纸条被发现
68--that suggested a suspicious reason for my desperate act.暗示我自杀的原因很可疑
69--My friends gathered to discuss its implications.我的朋友们聚在一起探讨它的含义
70--I think we should give it to Paul.我觉得我们应该把这个给保罗
71--He's still mourning, Susan.他还在悲痛中苏珊
72--He'll probably freak out.他会吓坏的
73--It doesn't matter. She was his wife.这不是关键她是他妻子
74--He derves to have all the facts.他应该知道事情的真相
75--Well, we could do it gently.我们可以说的随意点
76--We could tell him about it over coffee and pastry.比如在闲聊的时候告诉他
77--That would be fun.真有意思
78--"Paul, we have proof your wife killed herlf"保罗我们发现你老婆自杀
79--over some deep, dark cret.是因为她有不可告人的秘密
80--Another bear claw?"还要些熊爪糕吗"
81--We could always call the police.我们可以报警
82--Maybe it's just some sort of sick joke.可能只是个变态玩笑
83--Well, if it was a joke, it was in very poor taste.如果这是个玩笑那也太低级了
84--No, this was rious. I know it was.不我敢肯定这是认真的
85--We got to find out what was going on.我们得弄明白到底发生了什么
86--Let's say we do.就算弄明白了
87--There's a chance we're not going to like what we find.也可能不是我们想要的结果
88--Well, isn't it wor to be in the dark?总比一头雾水的好
89--I mean, imagining she did all the horrible things.想着她也许做了什么可怕的事情
90--It's the age-old question, isn't it?又回到老问题上了
91--How much do we really want to know about our neighbors?我们对邻居到底有多好奇92--My friends were right to be concerned.朋友们的担心是对的
93--They knew that every family has its crets,她们知道每个家庭都有秘密
94--and as my son and husband could have told them,我儿子和丈夫的经验是
95--you need to think carefully before digging them up.挖出这些秘密前得反复斟酌
96--After talking for hours,讨论了数小时之后
97--my friends still hadn't agreed on我的朋友们还是不知道
98--what to do with the note.该如何处理这张纸条
99--So they decided to talk about it in the morning她们决定先睡个好觉
100--after a good night's rest.早上再来讨论
101--But no one could fall sleep that night.不过那天晚上没人能睡得着
102--They each kept thinking of my suicide她们都猜测我自杀的原因
103--and how terribly alone I must have felt.以及我曾经历过的孤独
104--You e, loneliness was something孤独这东西
105--my friends understood all too well.她们再熟悉不过了
106--It's okay. I'm up.没关系我醒着
107--Good.很好
108--I have a question for you.我有一个问题想问你
109--OK.好吧
110--Do you remember when you propod?你还记得你求婚的时候吗
111--For god's sake --我的天
112--We sat on Skyline Drive and drank a bottle of apple wine,我们在长空大道喝着苹果酒113--and when we finished it, you turned to me, and you said,喝完你突然对我说
114--"if you marry me, Bree Mason,"如果你嫁给我布里·梅森
115--I promi to love you for the rest of my life."我保证会爱你一辈子"
116--And even though I was engaged to Ty Grant,尽管那时我已经和泰·格兰特订婚了
117--and even though my father didn't like you,尽管我父亲并不喜欢你
118--I said yes.我也同意了
119--That was a long time ago.那是很久以前的事了
120--You're going to cancel the meeting with that divorce lawyer,你得取消和离婚律师的会面121--and we're going to find ourlves a marriage counlor.我们去找一个婚姻顾问
- You promid.-布里 -你保证过的
123--All right.好吧
124--Good. I'm going to go, uh, make mylf some warm milk.很好我去热点牛奶
125--Would you like something to drink?你要喝点什么吗
126--Anything but apple wine.只要不是苹果酒就行
127--Susan awoke that night alone and parched,苏珊那晚孤独地醒着很口渴
128--but as she gazed out her window,她注视着窗户外面
129--she saw the tall drink of water she needed to quinch her thirst.看见了一大杯能解渴的水130--"Dear diary, Mike doesn't even know I'm alive.""亲爱的日记麦克都不知道我的存在" 131--Shut up.闭嘴
132--If you want to date him, you're going to have to ask him out.想跟他约会得主动约他
133--I keep hoping he'll ask me out.我一直希望他能来约我
134--How's that going?结果呢
135--Shouldn't you be making brownies你该给你的小朋友们做
136--for your nerdy friends?巧克力蛋糕了吧
137--I can't find the measuring cup. Have you en it?我找不到量杯你见到了吗
138--The measuring cup?量杯
139--Yeah.是啊
140--I -- well, it's -- it's got to be here somewhere.肯定就在附近
141--Just keep looking.再找找看
142--I know you're awake.我知道你醒着
143--I know you're a jerk.我知道你是个混蛋
144--Dinner with Tanaka ran long. I'm sorry.和塔纳卡的晚餐时间有点长我很抱歉
145--You know, Carlos, I didn't marry you卡洛斯我跟你结婚并不是为了
146--so I could have dinner by mylf six times a week.一周有六天都是自己单独吃晚餐
147--You know how bored I was today?你知道我今天有多无聊吗
148--I came this clo to actually cleaning the hou.我就差这么点就要自己打扫房子了
149--Don't be that way. I got you a gift.别这样我给你买礼物了
150--Nope. No, no, no, no.不行不不
151--You're not going to buy your way out of this one.你这次可不能这么轻易打发我
152--It's a good gift.是个好礼物哦
153--Is that white gold?是白金的吗
154--Yeah. Put 是把这戴上
155--and then make love to me.然后跟我做爱
156--I'm not in the mood.没心情
157--But we could stay up and talk.不过我们可以聊聊天
158--When a man buys a woman expensive jewelry,当男人送女人如此昂贵的珠宝
159--there are many things he may want in return, for future reference,想得到的回报
160--conversation ain't one of them.绝对不是聊天
161--- Hey, that was a joke. - Yeah, right.-我在开玩笑呢 -是啊
162--- What the hell is wrong with you? - Let go of me.-你到底怎么回事 -放开我
163--Hey, you've been acting like a nightmare for a month. What's wrong?你这个月一直很奇怪怎么了
164--I can't fix it unless you tell me.你得告诉我才能解决
165--It's not exciting anymore, Carlos.没有激情了卡洛斯
166--So what am I suppod to do?那我应该怎么做
167--I don't know.我不知道
168--Be the way you ud to be.像你以前那样
169--Surpri me. Take my breath away.给我惊喜让我激动
170--Okay.好的
171--Okay.好的
172---Hey, Susan. - Mike.-嘿苏珊 -麦克
173--What's wrong?怎么了
174--I didn't realize anybody was going to be out here.我没想到外面会有人
175--I just sort of rolled out of bed.我刚从床上爬起来
176--I'm sure you look fine.你看起来很好
177--Oh, Bongo, stop.邦戈别叫
178--Sorry, uh... he scares easy.抱歉他很容易受惊吓
179--No, it-- it's fine. I-I get it.没关系我懂
180--I didn't mean to disturb you.没想到会打扰你
181--I'll e you later.待会见
182--Do you want to have dinner with me?你想和我一起吃晚饭吗
183--Just the two of us?就我们俩
< and Julie.还有朱莉
185--It's a thing we do when somebody new moves into the neighborhood,有新邻居搬进来的时候我们就会这样
186--we invite them over for a home-cooked meal.邀请他们来家里吃饭
187--Sort of a tradition.算是种传统吧
188--I thought you were a lousy cook.我记得你说你厨艺很烂
189--Well, I order take-out.我可以叫外卖
190--You invite 'em for home-cooking and give 'em take-out?用外卖招待请来的客人吗
191--Yeah, ah, it's sort of a new tradition.这是一种新传统
192--I'm working out the kinks.我突发奇想的
193--I'll tell you what. How about I cook?这样吧我来做饭
194--You guys come over to my place.你们来我家吃饭
195--Oh, great.太好了
196--- Friday night at six? - I'll be there.-周五晚上六点 -我一定准时到
197--Right. Come on.好的走吧
198--Bye, Bongo.拜拜邦戈
199--Julie! Mike Delfino just invited us朱莉麦克·德尔非诺邀请
200--to dinner Friday night.我们周五去吃晚饭
201--He did? Cool.是吗太好了
202--But only I'm going becau you're但是只有我去
203--gonna come down with something rious因为你生重病
204--that requires bed rest and fluids.需要卧床休息打吊瓶
205--Julie was glad Susan was rekindling her love life.朱莉很高兴苏珊重新开始她的爱情生活
206--Of cour, she was unaware of her当然她还不知道
207--mother's recent track record with fire.她妈妈的纵火行为
208--It's all gone. Everything my ex-husband都没了我前夫多年的辛苦
209--worked for all tho years, gone.全都没了
210--Don't worry about clothing.别担心衣服
211--I already started a collection from the neighborhood.我已经去邻居那募集了一些
212--What? I don't want to wear other people's old crap.什么我可不想穿别人的旧衣服
213--Edie, you can be homeless or ungracious.伊迪你可以无家可归也可以衣着寒酸
214--You really can't afford to be both.但是两者兼备可够你受的
215--That reminds me. My insurance check still hasn't come yet.这倒提醒我了我保险的支票还没到呢
216--Could I stay with you a few more weeks?我能跟你多住几周吗
217--Of cour. What kind of christian would I be当然没问题如果我连个落难的朋友
218--if I denied shelter to a friend in need?都不帮助还算什么基督徒
219--Oh, look. Here's something we can salvage.看还有些东西可以变废为宝