美军作战手册
1. Friendly fire - isn't.
友军火力一点儿都不友好。(美军术语Friendly fire是指“被自己人误伤”)
2. Recoilless rifles - aren't.
无坐力炮的后坐力大着呢。
3. Suppressive fires - won't.
压制火力啥也压制不了。
4. You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.
你不是超人,陆战队员和战斗机飞行员尤为适用本条。
5. A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.
在前胸开个洞是让你自然而然停下来的最好办法。
6. If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
如果一个蠢方法有用,那它就不是一个蠢方法。
7. Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
装成无关紧要的人,敌人可能子弹不多,不想浪费在你身上。
8. If at first you don't succeed, call in an air strike.
如果你的攻击没成功,马上呼叫空袭支援吧。
9. If you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short.
每当你展开进攻时,炮兵往往也用完了炮弹。
10. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourlf.
永远别跟比你勇敢的战友呆在同一个散兵坑里。
11. Never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourlf.
永远别跟比你疯狂的人一起睡觉。
12. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
永远别忘了你手上的武器是由出价最低的承包商中标制造的。
13. If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
如果你的攻击进行得很顺利,那一定是你中了圈套。
14. The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack.
那支你以为是敌军疑兵而不加注意的部队其实是进攻主力。
15. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions: a. When they're ready. b. When you're not.
敌人总会在以下两种情况发生时展开攻击:1)他们准备好的时候;2)你没准备好的时候。
16. No OPLAN ever survives initial contact.
任何作战计划在接敌之后都会变成废纸。(早期33条翻译版本译为“交火”,但contact在美军用语里指“发现敌踪”,不一定是双方的,有时也只是单方的。)
17. There is no such thing as a perfect plan.
完美的计划是不存在的。
18. Five cond fus always burn three conds.
手榴弹的五秒引信总会在三秒内烧完。
19. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
散兵坑里不存在无神论者。
20. A retreating enemy is probably just falling back and regrouping.
逃跑的敌军大概只是打算先撤退后反击。
21. The important things are always simple; the simple are always hard.
重要的事情总是简单的;简单的事情总是难以做到的。
22. The easy way is always mined.
好走的路总已被布上地雷。
23. Teamwork is esntial; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
集体行动非常必要;起码敌人有其他目标可以射击了。
24. Don't look conspicuous; it draws fire. For this reason, it is not at
all uncommon for aircraft carriers to be known as bomb magnets.
不要太显眼,因为那会吸引敌方火力。因此,航空母舰被称作“炸弹磁铁”就不奇怪了。
25. Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
不要吸引敌人火力;这会使你身边所有的人都恨你。
26. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone.
如果你除了敌人什么都缺,那你一定在交战区了。
27. When you have cured the area, make sure the enemy knows it too.
你攻占一个地区后,确保敌人也知道。
28. Incoming fire has the right of way.
飞来的子弹有优先通行权。(不要把身体挡在子弹的去路上)
29. No combat ready unit has ever pasd inspection.
从来没有一支完成战备的单位能通过检阅。
30. No inspection ready unit has ever pasd combat.
从来没有一支准备好检阅的部队能活过战斗。
31. If the enemy is within range, so are you.
如果敌人进入你的射程内,别忘了你也在进入了他的射程内。
32. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
唯一比敌军炮火还准确是友军火力。
33. Things that must be together to work can never be shipped together.
必须要装配在一起才能发挥效力的武器装备不能一起运送。
34. Things that must work together, can't be carried to the field that way.
必须要装配在一起才能发挥效力的武器不能被一起运到战场。
35. Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support
无线电总是在你急需火力支援时失灵。
36. Radar tends to fail at night and in bad weather, and especially during both).
雷达总是在晚上和坏天气时失灵,尤其是在两者都发生的时候。
37. Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing.
你所做的任何事都可能送命,就算你什么都不做也一样。
38. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you won't be able to get out.
当你防守严密到敌人攻不进来时,那往往你自己也打出不去。