初来乍到第一季第二集
As a kid, there are things that terrify you. 小孩子都有害怕的东西
Parents, thank you all for coming. 感谢各位父母今日莅临
We know you're very busy, but we felt 我们知道你们都是拨冗而来,但是我们觉得
we needed to bring this matter to your immediate attention. 我们有必要让你们及时关注此事This man has been en in the area 有人看到这个男人在这一带
handing out drugs to children 散发毒品给孩子们
and telling them they're stickers. 还告诉他们只是贴纸
The children then proceed to lick the stickers 孩子们会去舔所谓的贴纸
and are then on drugs. 然后就会毒品上瘾
We are working cloly with local authorities, 我们正和地方当局紧密合作
but we also wanted to make you aware 但我们还是想让你们有所意识
so any additional precautions could be taken. 从而可以采取其他附加的预防措施
Y es, you in back. 好的,后面的那位
When do report cards come out? 成绩单什么时候出?
In my family, that's what terrified us. 在我家,那就是我害怕的东西
My mom was singing at the restaurant 我妈妈在餐厅唱歌
becau my dad thought it would help business. 因为我爸爸觉得这样对生意有所帮助Well, happy anniversary. 好的,结婚45周年
Married 45 years. 纪念日快乐!
I can't imagine it. 我难以想象
Hey, Nancy! 嘿,南希!
That coupon is expired. 那张打折券过期了
Y ou have to check the date. 你得检查下截止日期
Literally, I can't imagine it. 就是从字面上说,我难以想象
How'd she e that? 她是怎么看到的?
I e everything. 我目视一切
Okay, just one sprig of parsley per plate, plea. 那边,每碟只能有一片香菜,谢谢
It is a garnish, not a salad. 它是装饰而已,又不是做沙拉
Thank you, thank you. 谢谢你,谢谢你
Uh, the voice of an angel, the incredible singing lady. 啊,天使之声,令人不可思议的歌姬There we go. 我们走啦
Okay. Okay, okay. 好的,好的好的
She's something el. Okay. 她就是这么任性,好的
What are you doing? 你在干啥?
The restaurant has been open almost a month, 餐厅开了快一个月了
and we have been losing money every day. 我们每天都在亏钱
We have tighten up around here, 我们要对一分一毫都勤俭节约
or we will never turn a profit. 不然我们就永远没法盈利
Is that why you clog half the pepper holes? 这就是你堵住一半胡椒瓶口的原因么?
Oh, look at that guy, 哦,看那个家伙
shaking away our profits like he's a pepper monster. 像个胡椒怪物一样哆嗦走了我们的利润
Look, if you're gonna help with the restaurant, 听着,如果你要帮助咱们的餐厅
we need to get on the same page, 我们需要达成共识
and my page says 我的认识就是
the key to success is to kill them with kindness. 成功的秘诀在于用善意征服他们
I' shh! Did you hear that? 我一直都……嘘!你听到了么?
Mitch, did you just take a crouton from the salad bar? 米奇,你刚刚是不是从沙拉台那边拿了一个烤碎面包块?
Are you saying I did not hear a crunch? 你是说我没听到那嘎嘣声?
Y ou are trying to dissolve the crouton. 你在试图把烤碎面包块抿化了
Uh, Mitch, why don't you go e 啊,米奇,你为什么不去看看
if any of the rvers need help, okay? 有没有哪位服务员需要帮忙,好么?
Oh, hell, no. 哦,天啊,不!
Y ou waiting for your report card? 你在等你的成绩单?
Y eah, and a birthday card from my dad. 嗯,还有我爸爸寄的生日贺卡
If it's within three weeks of your birthday, 如果贺卡在你生日三周以内收到
then it still counts. 那就还算数
I've got a forgery kit in my room. 我房间里有个专门用来作假的工具箱
I'm gonna u it to change all my C's to B's 我要在我妈妈回家之前用它
before my mom comes home. 把我所有的C改成B
Sweet. Y eah. 真棒,对呀
I'm not making the same rookie mistake I made last year. 我不会再犯和去年一样的菜鸟级错误了
Put your gym clothes in the hamper and take out the trash. 把你运动服放到篮子里然后去倒垃圾
Okay, I will. Love you! 好的,马上,爱你哟!
Y ou love me? What are you hiding? 你爱我?你藏了什么东西?
There's nothing in my backpack. Oh, I know. 我书包里啥都没有,哦,我知道
B-minus! B-!
Is there anything el for me? 我还有什么东西不?
Buddy, we talked about this. 哥们,咱们谈过这事
I would lead with the card. I'm rooting for you. 我会把那张贺卡当贵重物品,我超挺你的
Y ou ready? Y eah. 准备好了?嗯
Y es! Y es! 好!好!
Mom! We got report cards! 妈妈!我们拿到成绩单了!
Oh. Okay. 哦,好的
What is this? 这是啥?
Our school doesn't give out grades. 我们学校没给出分数
It fosters unhealthy competition. 这会导致不健康的竞争
Plus/minus rainbow? One leprechaun? 加减彩虹?一只小妖精?
that ems bad. 两片云……看起来好挫
No, clouds are good. 不,云超赞的
Clouds are rain. What are you, a farmer? 有云就有雨,你是啥,农夫?
Domino! Straight a's, moms! 多米诺!老妈,全优!
The one good thing about moving here 搬到这的一个好处
is I have no friends and no distractions. 就是我没了死党,也不再分心
That's why I 这就是我为什么得了个……
Grandma, what does Fonzie say? 奶奶,方仔怎么说?
"A"! “A”!
School is too easy. 学校课程太简单了
Just when you think you've won the game, 正当你以为你赢了这盘游戏
this trick done changed the rules. 就有人耍伎俩改了这规则
Eddie, don't call your mother a trick. 艾迪,不许说你妈妈耍伎俩
Y ou need to make school more challenging, 你得让学校课程更有挑战性
or el my son will fall behind. 不然我儿子就会落后于人
I'm sorry. There's not much I can do 不好意思,对于一个全优的学生
about a straight "A" student. 我没啥要做的
Well, is there extra school? 好吧,有补习学校么?
Where is the clost CLC? 最近的CLC在哪?
Oh, no. 哦,不
What's CLC? 什么是CLC?
Chine an after-school program 中式补习中心……一个课后学业项目
for reading, math, science, and violin. 针对阅读,数学,科学,还有小提琴
Look at them, the innocence. 看看他们,无忧无虑
I couldn't hear them through the reinforced glass, 透过强化玻璃我听不清他们说话
but I imagined it was the sound of childhood. 但是我猜想那是童年之声
Enjoy your stick, white friends. 好好玩你的树枝吧,白人朋友
I'm sorry. We don't have a Chine learning center here. 不好意思,我们这没有中式补习中心Y es! 太好了!
But we do have an after-school program 但是,我们有个课外活动项目
called animal encounters 叫做“邂逅动物”
where we bring in farm animals 我们带来农场里的动物
for the children to play with. 让孩子们与它们玩耍
In fact, I have a baby chick in my lap right now. 事实上,现在就有个小鸡仔在我腿上Plea put your lap chicken away. 请把你腿上的鸡仔拿开
I don't understand the people. 我不理解这些人是怎么想的
It's like success is not important to them. 就好像成功对他们来说一点也不重要似的
To Spencer and his four C's. 敬斯宾塞和他得的四个C
Unh-unh! 咳咳!
Nancy, no wasting napkins. 南希,别浪费餐巾纸了
Uh, but the lady at table six asked for it. 呃,但是六号桌的那位女士要餐巾纸了
She ordered a salad. 她点了沙拉
She does not need an extra napkin. 她并不需要额外的餐巾纸
My hands are tied. 我无能为力啊
Jessica, we talked about this. 杰西卡,我们讨论过这个的
It's a slippery slope. 这是一次灾难性的下滑
First, an employee pops a crouton. 起初是一个雇员偷偷拿了块油煎面包块
Next thing you know, they are wheeling ovens out of the kitchen. 接下来他们就会占便宜使用厨房里的烤箱
Same with the customer. 就跟顾客一样
First, they get extra napkin. 起初,他们会拿额外的餐巾纸
Next thing you know, they run out on the bill. 然后,他们会逃账
Same with the boys. 就跟咱们的儿子们一样
First, they have baby chickens in their lap. 首先,他们腿上会有小鸡仔
Next thing you know, they are homeless! 接下来,他们就会无家可归!
Y ou know, just becau they don't offer CLC here 你看,他们在这里没有中式补习班
doesn't mean you can't provide it for the boys. 并不意味着你不能给孩子们进行类似的教育Well, I'm not a teacher. 这个,我又不是老师
No, but you are very smart. 是的,但你很聪明啊
I mean, have you ever met 你想啊,你遇到过
a "wheel of fortune" puzzle you couldn't figure out? 你解不出来的幸运轮度盘吗?
I always guess them. Mm-hmm. 我总是能猜出来,可不是
I mean, you're way smarter than the teachers they had at CLC. 我是说,你比孩子们在中式补习班的老师们都要聪明
Some of them were not impressive. 有些老师确实不令人满意
Mnh-mnh. 说的对呀
Oh, never mind. 哦,别在意这个
Y ou can't teach the Boy CLC. 你不能给孩子们补习
I mean, what would I do at the restaurant? 你看,我在餐馆里能做什么呢?
Y ou are so valuable here. 你对这里太有价值了
I really am.Y eah. 我确实是,对啊
But we do have a crisis on our hands. 但我们眼下确实有一个危机
Our boys did get straight A's. 孩子们确实拿了全优
Oh, hey, man. 哦,嘿,伙计
Look what my mom gotme for my straight c's. 看我妈妈给了我什么作为我全C的奖励
Y ou want to play? 你想一起玩么?
Does the yellow man like dumplings? 黄种人喜欢饺子么?
We do, we do. Sorry. 我们确实喜欢,确实喜欢,不好意思
I put you in an awkward spot. 你没明白我的梗
Let me go get my breakaway pants 让我回去换上我的运动裤
so I can rip them off. 这样我就可以把它们撕掉了
We're doing CLC. 我们要进行课外补习
But there aren't any in Orlando. 但是全奥兰多都没有这种补习班啊
There homeschool CLC. 现在有了,家庭中式补习班!
I will be your teacher. 我将是你的老师
Time. 时间到
Eddie, focus! 埃迪,集中注意力!
Okay, I need to start making dinner. 好了,我要开始做晚饭了
Evan, you make sure that everyone does their CLC. 埃文,你要确保每个人都在做自己的课外作业
Okay, teacher mommy. 好的,教师麻麻
Y ou're loving this. 你就爱这么做
Teacher's pet and mama's boy. 既是老师的宠儿又是麻麻的好孩子
I'm writing you up. 我要把你的行为记下来
" Eddie Huang. “学生……黄艾迪
< not nice." 违规……不友好”
" Eddie Huang." “学生……黄艾迪”
This sucks, right, Emery? 这逊毙了,是不是,埃默里?
Y ou play the cards you're dealt. 你还是乖乖地去完成你被分配的任务吧
Choo life, you know? 选择活法,你懂?
A w, man, a trampoline? 哇塞,一个蹦床?
And he's using it inappropriately? 而且他现在还不会用?
Oh! 哦!
I never get to have that much fun. 我从来不会那么快乐
Oh, uh, I'm sorry. 哦,嗯,我很抱歉.我刚刚在……
No, no, it's okay. Y ou can have a crouton. 不,不,没事的.你可以吃一块油煎面包块
Is this a trick? 这是个陷阱么?
Is she here? Is she watching us? 她现在在这里?还是她在监视着我们?
Are you tricking me? No, no. It's not a trick. 你在陷害我么?不,不,这不是个陷阱
It's a trick. There's cameras, right? 这就是个陷阱,这里有摄像机,是不是?
Stop, stop.Where is she? 别这样,别这样,她在哪里?
Look at me. 看着我
Mitch, when you're at Cattleman's Ranch, 米奇,当你在牧场主的牧场工作的时候
I want you to feel like 我想让你感到
you're being hugged by a matronly woman with chubby arms. 你是被一个慈祥的主妇用她胖乎乎的双臂拥抱着
That's how I want to feel. 这是我想要的感觉
See, I believe 你看,我相信
that happy employees are good employees 快乐的雇员就是好雇员
and good employees are good for business. 而好雇员是有利于事业发展的
So how about this? 所以你看这样好不好?
Y ou and I, we're gonna have a crouton together, okay? 你和我,我们将一起吃一块油煎面包块,好么?
R-really? 真真的么?
So I'm gonna take one, and you're gonna take one. 所以我要拿一块,你也要拿一块
Cheers. Cheers. ,干
Ding! Cheers. 叮!干
They're pretty good. 它们吃起来不错
V ery good. 很好吃
I know that you aren't a matronly woman, 我知道你不是个慈祥的主妇,但是……
Bring it. 来吧
All right. Bring it, bring it. 好的,来吧,来吧
All right. 好的
Okay, we're good. Okay. 好,我们很好啊,是啊
Okay. Just one more. Nice. Okay. 好吧,再来一次,好,好了
Y ou're a good man, you know? Thank you. 你是个大好人,你知道么?谢谢
Okay. Y ou're a really good man. Thank you. 好,你是个很好的人,谢谢