TED精选你能流利地使用这种语言

更新时间:2023-07-09 19:04:08 阅读: 评论:0

TED精选你能流利地使⽤这种语⾔
You are fluent in this language
(and don't even know it)
内容概要
Without realizing it, we're fluent in the language of pictures, says illustrator Christoph Niemann. In a charming talk packed with witty, whimsical drawings, Niemann takes us on a hilarious visual tour that shows how artists tap into our emotions and minds -- all without words.
I'm an artist.
我是⼀位艺术家。
Being an artist is the greatest job there is.
成为⼀名艺术家,是最好的⼯作。
And I really pity each and every one of you who has to spend your days discovering new galaxies or sa
ving humanity from global warming.
我很同情你们每⼀个⼈, 得花时间去发现新的星系, 或者拯救⼈类免受全变暖的影响,
(Laughter) But being an artist is also a daunting job.
(笑声)但作为⼀名艺术家, 也是⼀项艰巨的⼯作。
I spend every day, from nine to six, doing this.
我每天从9点到6点都是这样的状态。
(Laughter) I even started a side career that consists entirely of complaining about the difficulty of the creative process.(笑声)我甚⾄开始了⼀个副业, 完全为了抱怨创作过程的艰⾟。
(Laughter) But today, I don't want to talk about what makes my life difficult.
(笑声)但是我今天并不想谈论这些困难,
I want to talk about what makes it easy.
⽽想谈谈如何让事情变得简单。
And that is you and the fact that you are fluent in a language that you're probably not even aware of.
那就是你们, 和你们能理解的流利语⾔, ⽽你们可能都没有意识到这⼀点。
黑芝麻酱
You're fluent in the language of reading images.
你能流利地阅读图像语⾔。
Deciphering an image like that takes quite a bit of an intellectual effort.
Deciphering an image like that takes quite a bit of an intellectual effort.
解读这些图像需要运⽤相当多的智⼒。
But nobody ever taught you how this works, you just know it.
但没有⼈教过你怎样做,你天⽣就知道。
College, shopping, music.
⼤学、购物和⾳乐。
What makes a language powerful is that you can take a very complex idea and communicate it in a very simple, efficient form.
使语⾔变得强⼤的是,你从中能领略复杂的想法,并以⼀种简单⽽有效的⽅式进⾏沟通。
The images reprent exactly the same ideas.
这些图像代表着完全相同的想法。
But when you look, for example, at the college hat, you know that this doesn't reprent the accessory you wear on your head when you're being handed your diploma, but rather the whole idea of college.
但是,当你看到,例如毕业帽,这并不只是代表在你被授予毕业证书时戴在你头上的配件,⽽是象征着⼤学教育这个整体概念。
Now, what drawings can do is they cannot only communicate images, they can even evoke emotions.
图画可以做的,是它们不仅可以传达图像,甚⾄可以激发情感。
Let's say you get to an unfamiliar place and you e this.
假设你在⼀个陌⽣地⽅看到这个图像,
You feel happiness and relief.
就会感到快乐和宽慰。
(Laughter) Or a slight n of unea or maybe downright panic.
(笑声)或是有点不安,甚⾄全然的恐慌。
(Laughter) Or blissful peace and quiet.
(笑声)⼜或是幸福和宁静。
(Laughter) But visuals, they're of cour more than just graphic icons.
(笑声)但在视觉⽅⾯,它们⼜不仅仅是图像符号。
You know, if I want to tell the story of modern-day struggle, I would start with the armrest between two airplane ats and two ts of elbows fighting.
如果我想讲述现代⽃争的故事,我会从飞机座椅之间的扶⼿开始,还有两个互不相让的胳膊肘。
如果我想讲述现代⽃争的故事,我会从飞机座椅之间的扶⼿开始,还有两个互不相让的胳膊肘。世态炎凉是什么意思
What I love there is this universal law that, you know, you have 30 conds to fight it out and once it's yours, you get to keep it for the rest of the flight.
我喜欢⼀个通则,在30秒内,谁占有了扶⼿,谁就可以在其余的飞⾏时间⾥拥有这个扶⼿。
(Laughter) Now, commercial flight is full of the images.
(笑声)在商业航班⾥充满了这些图像。
If I want to illustrate the idea of discomfort, nothing better than the neck pillows.
如果我想说明不舒服的想法, 没有⽐这些颈枕更好的了。
They're designed to make you more comfortable --
它们旨在让你更舒适——
(Laughter) except they don't.
(笑声)但常常事与愿违。
事业的英文
(Laughter) So I never sleep on airplanes.
(笑声)所以我从不在飞机上睡觉。
What I do occasionally is I fall into a sort of painful coma.
偶尔我会陷⼊⼀种痛苦的昏迷状态。
And when I wake up from that, I have the most terrible taste in my mouth.
当我醒来时, 我⼝中会有⼀种最可怕的味道。
It's a taste that's so bad, it cannot be described with words, but it can be drawn.
这是⼀种很糟糕的味道, 难以⽤⽂字来形容, 但可以把它画出来。
(Laughter) The thing is, you know, I love sleeping.
(笑声)问题在于,我喜欢睡觉。
And when I sleep, I really prefer to do it while spooning.
当我睡觉时,更喜欢揽着太太。
I've been spooning on almost a pro level for clo to 20 years but in all this time, I've never figured out what to do with that bottom arm.
近20年来,我⼏乎⼀直保持着专业的姿势, 但我从未想过在下⾯的⼿臂怎么办。
(Laughter) (笑声)
(Applau) And the only thing -- the only thing that makes sleeping even more complicated than trying to do it on an
(Applau) And the only thing -- the only thing that makes sleeping even more complicated than trying to do it on an airplane is when you have small children.
(掌声)唯⼀的事情—— 唯⼀让睡眠变得⽐在飞机上睡着还要困难的, 是当你有了⼩孩。
They show up at your bed at around 4am with some bogus excu of, "I had a bad dream."
他们会在凌晨4点⾛到你的床边, 编造⼀些借⼝,⽐如 “我做了⼀个恶梦。”
(Laughter) And then, of cour you feel sorry for them, they're your kids, so you let them into your bed.
(笑声)你当然会为此感到难过, 毕竟是亲⽣的孩⼦, 就让他们上床吧。
And I have to admit, at the beginning, they're really cute and warm and snugly.
开始时他们表现得很乖, 令你温暖⼜舒适。
The minute you fall back asleep, they inexplicably --
但当你再睡着的那⼀刻,不知怎的,
(Laughter) start rotating.
(笑声)他们就开始摆出横七竖⼋的姿势。
(Laughter) We like to call this the helicopter mode.
(笑声)我们喜欢称之为直升机模式。
(Laughter) Now, the deeper something is etched into your consciousness, the fewer details we need to have an emotional reaction.
(笑声)另外,有⼀些更深⼊的东西被刻进了你的意识中, 只需要⽐较少的细节, 就能触动情绪的反应。(Laughter) So why does an image like this work?
(笑声)为什么像这样的图像能引起共鸣呢?
It works, becau we as readers are incredibly good at filling in the blanks.
因为我们做为阅读者, 擅长于填补缺失的部分。
Now, when you draw, there's this concept of negative space.
当你画画时,有⼀种负空间的概念。
And the idea is, that instead of drawing the actual object, you draw the space around it.
其核⼼做法不是绘制实际的物体, 只是画出它周围的空间。
成年人的爱情So the bowls in this drawing are empty.
所以图中的碗是空的。
鼓励小孩子的话But the black ink prompts your brain to project food into a void.
But the black ink prompts your brain to project food into a void.
但⿊⾊的墨⽔会促使你将⾷物投射到空间中。
湖南组织部长What we e here is not a owl flying.
这⾥看到的并不是飞⾏的猫头鹰。
What we actually e is a pair of AA batteries standing on a nonnsical drawing, and I animate the scene by moving my desk lamp up and down.
实际上是⼀对 AA 电池放在⼀张荒诞的画上, 我通过上下移动台灯的光线, 让场景动起来了。
夜色浸霜(Laughter) The image really only exists in your mind.
(笑声)图像只存在于你的脑海中。
So, how much information do we need to trigger such an image?
那么,需要多少信息才能触发这样的⼀个图像?发达
My goal as an artist is to u the smallest amount possible. 艺术家的⽬标是⽤尽可能少的信息。
I try to achieve a level of simplicity where, if you were to take away one more element, the whole concept would just collap.
我想要达到的极简程度,就是只需要拿⾛⼀个元素,整个概念都会崩塌。
And that's why my personal favorite tool as an artist is abstraction.
我作为艺术家, 最喜欢⽤抽象做⼯具。
I've come up with this system which I call the abstract-ometer, and this is how it works.
我想出⼀个称之为抽像仪表的系统, 这是它的⼯作原理。
So you take a symbol, any symbol, for example the heart and the arrow, which most of us would read as the symbol for love, and I'm an artist, so I can draw this in any given degree of realism or abstraction.
你拿其中⼀个符号, 例如⼼脏和箭头, ⼈们都会视之为爱情的象征, 我是艺术家,可以把它画出来, 并以任何现实或抽象的程度来呈现。
Now, if I go too realistic on it, it just gross everybody out. 如果它过于现实, 就会让所有⼈难以接受。(Laughter) If I go too far on the other side and do very abstract, nobody has any idea what they're looking at.
(笑声)如果我做得太抽象, 就没⼈能看懂了。
So I have to find the perfect place on that scale, in this ca it's somewhere in the middle.
所以我必须找到平衡点, 位于仪表标尺上接近中间的某处。
Now, once we have reduced an image to a more simple form,all sorts of new connections become possible.
⼀旦将图像变得更简单, 就会增加各种新联系的可能性,

本文发布于:2023-07-09 19:04:08,感谢您对本站的认可!

本文链接:https://www.wtabcd.cn/fanwen/fan/89/1074760.html

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系,我们将在24小时内删除。

标签:笑声   图像   喜欢   飞机   概念   开始   称之为
相关文章
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
推荐文章
排行榜
Copyright ©2019-2022 Comsenz Inc.Powered by © 专利检索| 网站地图