I have sailed the world, beheld its wonders
我航遍世界 目睹各种奇迹
From the Dardanelles to the mountains of Peru,
从达达尼尔海峡 到秘鲁的山峰
But there's no place like London
但没有哪里比得上伦敦
对 没有哪里比得上伦敦
No, there's no place like London.
陶德先生?
Mr. Todd?
你还年轻 人生一帆风顺
You are young.
Life has been kind to you.
你会学乖的...
You will learn.
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
这世上有个大洞 一个深不见底的黑坑
人间害虫皆栖息yu此
And the vermin of the world Inhabit it
道德败坏 猪狗不如
And its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit
And it goes by the name of London.
它的名字就叫伦敦
洞顶上安坐着特权人物
At the top of the hole sit the privileged few
嘲弄洞底的蛇虫鼠蚁
Making mock of the vermin in the lower zoo,
turning beauty into filth and greed.
将美好事物尽毁于污秽与贪婪
I too have sailed the world, and en its wonders
我也曾航遍世界 目睹各种奇迹
人类的邪恶更胜于秘鲁的珍宝
For the cruelty of men is as wondrous as Peru,
but there's no place like London!
茶房但没有哪里比得上伦敦
您没事吧 陶德先生?
Is everything all right, Mr. Todd?
请原谅我 孩子 我头脑很乱
I beg your indulgence,
My mind is far from easy.
这些熟悉的街道 到处影影绰绰
In the once familiar streets I feel shadows
影影绰绰?
<?
条件反射的特点鬼影
Ghosts.
2010-8-22 18:15回复
小宇宙小仙女
3楼
从前有个理发师和他的妻子
There was a barber and his wife,
她美丽动人
and she was beautiful.
一个傻瓜理发师和他的妻子
A foolish barber and his wife,
她是他生命的意义所在
she was his reason and his life,
她美丽动人
and she was beautiful,
她贞节无暇
and she was virtuous.
而他 天真幼稚
And Naive.
又有一个人 看见了她的美丽
There was another man who saw that she was beautiful,
手握法律 心怀贪欲
A pious vulture of the law,
魔爪一挥 将理发师赶走
who with a gesture of his claw
removed the barber from his plate.
然后安心等待 她会落入手中
Then there was nothing but to wait
and she would fall,
多么柔顺 多么年轻
So soft,
推闩式外开门
So young,
多么迷惘 而又美丽动人
So lost,
and oh, so beautiful!
那位夫人 先生 她屈服了吗?
And the lady, did she succumb?
这是多年前的事了
平静的湖水像什么
Oh, that was many
大概没有人知道
I doubt if anyone would know.
我要谢谢你 安东尼
I'd like to thank you, Anthony.
没有你发现我
If you hadn't spotted me, I'd be lost on the
我还迷失在大海上呢
我还能见到您吗?
Will I e you again?
想找我就来找吧
去他的岛
You might find me, if you like,
去舰队街
附近 我会在那里
around Fleet Street.
再会 我的朋友
Until then, my friend.
这世上有个大洞 一个深不见底的黑坑
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
洞中挤满了人 污浊恶臭
and it's filled with people who are filled with shit
人间害虫皆栖息与此
And the vermin of the world
A customer!
啊 有顾客!
慢着!你急什么?跑什么?
Wait! What's your rush?
What's your hurry?
你让我吓了一跳 还以为闹鬼呢
You gave me such a- Fright.
I thought you was a ghost.
等一会儿 坐下 您请坐!坐下!
Half a minute, can't you? Sit!
Sit ye down!
Sit!
All I meant is that I haven't en a customer for weeks.
我只是几周没见过客人上门了
Did you come here for a pie, sir?
您要个派吗 先生?
请原谅我脑子有点糊涂
Do forgive me if me head's a little vague- Ugh!
这是什么?你会以为本店有瘟疫的
What is that?
But you'd think we had the plague-
看那些人像躲灾星一样 别想跑!
From the way that people-
Keep avoiding-
No, you don't!
2010-8-22 18:18回复
小宇宙小仙女
4楼
天知道我尽力了 先生!
The are probably the worst pies in London.
都没人肯进来闻闻味
But there's no one comes in even to inhale-
Right you are, sir.
Would you like a drop of ale?
来了 先生 再来杯淡啤酒?
别说 还真不能怪他们
Mind you, I can't hardly blame them-
这大概是全伦敦最糟糕的派
The are probably the worst pies in London.
我知道为为什么没人要吃
I know why nobody cares to take them-
我当然知道 是我做的
I should know, I make them.
好吃吗 才不呢 全伦敦最糟糕的派
But good?
No, the worst pies in London-
客气点说 还是全伦敦最糟糕的派
Even that's polite.
The worst pies in London-
您不信 尝一口
If you doubt it, take a bite.
是不是很恶心?您见识到了吧
Is that just disgusting?
You have to concede it.
没别的 全是渣 喝一口 冲下去
It's nothing but crusting-
Here, drink this, you'll need it-
全伦敦最糟糕的派
The worst pies in London.
您瞧瞧时下的肉价 涨多高 您也知道
And no wonder with the price of meat.
What it is-
When you get it.
Never.
我这辈子从没见过 人们在街头见到死动物 跟捡了便宜似的
Thought I'd live to e the day men'd think it was a treat
Finding poor animals
wot are dying in the street.
穆尼太太有家肉派店
Mrs. Mooney has a pie shop,
生意兴隆 只有一件怪事
Does a business, but I noticed something weird-
最近她邻居家的猫集体失踪
Lately all her neighbors' cats have disappeared.
输给她了 这就是所谓有胆有识 高原红原唱
Have to hand it to her-
Wot I calls enterpri,
敢往派里填猫肉
Popping pussies into pies.
我不做那种勾当 想想就恶心
Wouldn't do in my shop-
Just
the thought of it's enough to make you sick.
我告诉你 猫肉来得容易
And I'm telling you them pussy cats is quick.
如今时世艰难啊 先生
No denying times is hard, sir -
比伦敦最糟糕的派还难下咽
Even harder than the worst pies in London.
只有板油 没有别的
Only lard and nothing more-
是不是想吐?又油腻 又硌牙
Is that just revolting?
All greasy and gritty, it looks like it's molting,
看起来像要融化 吃起来
And tastes like-
Well, pity
天可怜见
我一介女流 无依无靠 做的是伦敦最糟糕的派
a woman alone with limited wind
and the worst pies in London!
2010-8-22 18:20回复
小宇宙小仙女
5楼
啊 先生
Ah sir, times is hard.
Times is hard.
世事艰难 世事艰难呐!
相信我 亲爱的
Trust me, dearie, it's going to take more than ale
想用啤酒冲掉那种味道可不容易
to wash that taste out.
跟我来 给你点杜松子酒 好吗?
Come with me and we'll get you a nice tumbler of gin.
您看 这间房子里
Isn't this homey now?
都是樱桃木的珍品 可惜教堂烧毁时也毁了不少
Me cheery wallpaper was a real bargain too,
it being only partly singed when the chapel
给!
There's a good boy, now you sit down and warm your bones,
您坐下歇歇腿脚
楼上不是还有个房间吗?
Isn't that a room over the shop?
If times are so hard,
世事艰难 怎么不租出去?
why don't you rent it out?
楼上?没人敢靠近
Up there?
Oh, no one will go
都说闹鬼
People think it's haunted.
- 闹鬼?
- 对 房间里闹鬼
Haunted?
And who's to say they're wrong?...
您看 许多年前上头出过事 不是什么好事
You e, years ago, something happened up there.
Something not
从前有个理发师和他妻子
There was a barber and his wife, and he was beautiful,
他多么美丽
拿剃刀的艺术家 可他被终身流放
a proper artist with a knife, but they transported him for life.
他多美丽啊...
And he
巴克 他名叫本杰明.巴克
Barker, his name was - Benjamin Barker.
罪名是什么?
Transported?
What was his crime?
是愚蠢
Foolishness.
他有位妻子 您看 小美人 小傻瓜
He had this wife, you e,
pretty little thing,
silly little nit.
有机会一步登天
Had her chance for the moon on a string-
可怜的事 可怜的事
Poor thing. Poor thing.
有那么个法官 想她想得发疯
There was this Judge, you e, wanted her like mad.
天天送来鲜花 盼着她下楼相见
Every day he nd her a flower,
but did she come down from her tower?
时时哭泣不停 孤独一人伶仃
Sat up there and sobbed by the hour, poor fool.
真糟糕 小傻瓜
还有更糟糕的呢 可怜的事
Ah, but there was wor yet to come, poor thing.
执事去找她 彬彬有礼的 可怜的事 可怜的事
The
Beadle calls on her, all polite,
poor thing, poor thing.
告诉她 法官悔恨不已 怪自己让她落到如此田地
The Judge, he tells her, is all controlled,
he blames himlf for her dreadful plight
她今晚一定得去他家 可怜的事 可怜的事
She must come straight to his hou tonight!
Poor thing, poor thing.
当然 等她到了场 可怜的事 可怜的事
Of cour, when she goes there, poor thing, poor thing,
人们戴着面具 在开化装舞会
they're having this ball all in masks.
她一个也不认识 小乖乖 可怜的事
There's no one she knows there, poor dear, poor thing.
她苦恼地走来走去 喝着酒 可怜的事
She wanders tormented, and drinks, poor thing.
法官悔改了吧 她以为 可怜的事
The Judge has repented, she thinks, poor thing.
"哦 塔平法官在哪?"她问
Oh, where is Judge Turpin?
She asks.
他当然在场 只不过没有悔改
He was there, all right-
Only not so contrite!
她不懂这些把戏 您看 人人都觉得有趣
She wasn't no match for such craft, you e,
And everyone thought it so droll.
他们当她是聋子 您看 都站在那里哈哈大笑 您看
They figured she had to be daft, you e,
So all of 'em stood there and laughed, you e,
小东西 可怜的事
Poor soul!
Poor thing!
...NOOOOOO!
就没人怜悯她吗?
Would no one have mercy on her?
真是你 本杰明.巴克!
So it is you - Benjamin Barker.
2010-8-22 18:22回复
小宇宙小仙女
6楼
露西在哪?
我妻子在哪?
Where's Lucy?!
Where's my wife?!
她服了毒
She poisoned herlf.
从街角药店买来的砒霜
Arnic from the apothecary on the corner.
我想拦住她 她不听
I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen to me.
他领走了你女儿
And he's got your daughter.
他?
塔平法官?
He?
Judge Turpin?
他收养了她 视如己出
Adopted her like his own.
十五年被人诬陷 下在地狱里做苦力
Fifteen years of sweating in a living hell on a fal charge.
十五年来一直梦想回到妻子女儿身边
Fifteen years dreaming that I might come home
to find a loving wife
这些年您是倍受煎熬 巴克先生
Well, I can't say the years have been
英文的英语
particularly kind to you, Mr. Barker, but you still-
不 不是巴克 那人已经死了
No, not Barker.
That man is dead.
是陶德 斯威尼.陶德
It's Todd now.
有仇必报
And he will have his revenge.
进来吧 别害怕 亲爱的
Come in!
Nothing to be afraid of, love.
他们来找小姑娘的时候我藏起来的
When they came for the girl, I hid 'em.
可以卖掉呢 我没卖
I hid just some of 'em.
我的天 把手是银的吧?
Tho handles is chad silver, ain't they?
银的?
对
Silver,
这是我的朋友
The are my friends,
看他们泛起寒光
e how they glisten.
看这一闪
See this one
shine,
重见天日的微笑
how he smiles in the light.
我的朋友
My friend, my faithful friend.
忠诚的朋友们
说话 朋友们
Speak to me friend,
静静说吧 我会倾听
Whisper, I'll listen.
我知道 我知道
I know, I know-
你们被锁起了那么多年
You've been locked out of sight
all the years-
就像我 朋友
Like me, my friend.
我回家了
Well, I've come home
你们在等待
To find you waiting.
回家
Home,
我们久别重逢
and we're together,
我们会创造奇迹
and we'll do wonders,
对吗?
won't we?
你 我的朋友
- You there, my friend,
- I'm your friend too, Mr. Todd,
- 我也是你的朋友 陶德先生
- 过来 让我握住你
- come, let me hold you.
- If you only knew, Mr. Todd.
如果你知道 陶德先生
- Now, with a sigh
- Oh, Mr. Todd,
- 一息之间
- 哦 陶德先生
- 你在我手中温暖起来
- 你在我手中温暖起来
you're warm in my hand,
- 我的朋友
- 你回家了
- My friend,
-
You've come home.
- 聪明的朋友
- 我一直很喜欢你 真的
- My clever friend.
- Always had a fondness for you, i did.
稍安毋躁 朋友
- Rest now, my friends.
- Never you fear, Mr. Todd,
- 别再害怕 陶德先生
- 很快我会让你们再展锋芒
- Soon I'll unfold you.
-
you can move in here, Mr. Todd.
- 你可以在这安家 陶德先生
- 很快你们将达到 从未梦想过的辉煌
Soon you'll know splendors you never have dreamed all
- 这里有你从未梦想过的辉煌
- 都是你的
- will be yours.
- My lucky friends.
- 我幸运的朋友
- 我是你的朋友
- I'm your friend too.
-
Till now your shine
- 如今你们闪耀的只是银光
- 多么美丽
- I think they shine beautiful.
- was merely silver.
我喜欢这道银光
- Silver's good enough for me, Mr. Todd.
- Friends,
- 朋友们 你们该滴落鲜红
- 陶德先生
you shall drip rubies,
你们就要滴下鲜红的宝石
You'll soon drip
走开
2010-8-22 18:24回复
小宇宙小仙女
7楼
终于 我的手臂再次完整了!
攀岩鞋At last my arm is complete again.
青雀和红雀 夜莺和乌鸦
Green finch and linnet bird,
nightingale, blackbird,
你们怎能歌唱?
how is it you sing?
你们怎能欢跃 困在笼中
How can you jubilate, sitting in cages,
从未展翅高飞?
never taking wing?
头顶有蓝天 一碧万顷 就在栏杆外
Outside the sky waits, beckoning, beckoning,
just beyond the bars.
你们怎能安心 闲看风雨 为星光疯狂
How can you remain, staring at the rain,
maddened by the stars?
你们怎能歌唱? 为什么
How is it you sing anything?
你们怎能歌唱?
How is it you sing?
我的笼子有许多房间 绫罗包裹 暗无天日
My cage has many rooms, damask and dark.
寂静无声 我的云雀也不歌唱
No