美国参议院常务委员会
Today the United States Senate Committee on Government Operations
今天开始就受保银行举♥行♥听证会
begins hearings on federally insured banks.
人们对现有法律是否足以监督
We are concerned whether existing laws are adequate to guarantee
受保银行经营者的品行 资历和道德存有隐忧
the character, experience, and integrity of people who acquire such banks,
这些银行被视为美国资本主义社会
which are the cornerstones of American capitalism
以及“美国梦”的基石
and the foundation of the American dream.
银行家
(根据真人真事改编)
(1965年 华府)
伯纳德 你要步步为营 他们要对你杀一儆百
Be careful in there, Bernard. They want to make an example out of you.
委员会传召伯纳德盖瑞特上庭供证
Committee calls Bernard S. Garrett to testify.
盖瑞特先生 我相信你了解个中轻重
Mr. Garrett, I think you understand the stakes.
(1939年 德克萨斯州 威利斯)
凯雷集团和春天集团?
Carlyle and Spring?
对啊 每年租金收入达八万美元 太强了
Right. Annual rental income 80,000, which is strong,
机动车检测流程可是米勒先生 希望用六这个收益乘数来估值
but Mr. Miller wants us to u a six multiplier to value it.
那也太高了吧
That's too high.
他等一下会过来议价 或许你可以参与
He's coming in an hour to negotiate on it. Maybe you can step in.
同性依恋好啊姚尚坤
All right.
这小子把鞋子擦得挺亮的
Boy does a pretty good shine.
比大多数擦鞋童勤奋多了
Harder worker than most of 'em.
(六倍 太高了)
威利斯也许没有类似房♥产
There may not be comps in Willis,
但你不妨看看我在县内的其他房♥地♥产♥
but take a look at the other properties I own in the county.
收益乘数为六是合理的
A six multiple is reasonable.
你在康罗有其他房♥产 那边因为早前发现油矿而快速发展
Your other buildings are in Conroe, which is booming with the oil find.
我觉得这不能算类似房♥产
So, I'm not sure this is a good comp.
威利斯也在蓬勃发展
Willis is booming too.
小子 你在这边干什 么?
Hey! What are you doing up there, boy?
你在偷看白人做生意?
You spying on the white people's business?
给我回来!
Get back here!
我一定会告诉你♥爸♥的!
Your dad's gonna hear about this!
小子 看路!
Hey! Watch it, boy!
要是让白人知道你在偷看他们做生意 你说他们会怎么对付你?
What do you think them white folks would do if they knew you were spying on them?
我小时候见过小伙子们 因更小的事丢了性命
When I was growing up I've en boys killed for less.肝复乐胶囊
你知道那种看着年轻小伙子 被吊死在树上的心情吗?
You know what it's like to e a young boy hanging dead from a tree?
别以为最近没发生这种事 它就不会再重演
And don't think becau it hasn't happened recently, it couldn't happen again.
我只是想学他们怎么赚钱
I was just trying to learn how they make money.
(现值 年金)
你很有天赋
You are so talented.
你怎么学会的?
How did you learn all this?
儿子 可惜你一出生就是个黑人
You was born the wrong color, son.
黑人不能用这种方式赚钱
Negro man can't earn money with this.
祥子自传白人不允许 无论你在这方面有多强
White man won't let him, no matter how good at it you are.
可能在德克萨斯州行不通
Maybe not in Texas.
你真以为到其他地方后 情况就会不同了吗?
You really think it's gonna be different for you, you go somewhere el?
(1954年 洛杉矶)
我们来到加利福尼亚州了
We're in California.
怎么了?
What's wrong?
我只是很期待跟你叔叔一起吃晚餐
Just looking forward to having dinner with your uncle.
航♥空♥公♥司♥发展迅速
Well, the aircraft companies are booming.
诺斯洛普公♥司♥有意招聘五千名员工 加入装配线
Northrop is looking to hire 5,000 new workers for their asmbly line
他们要聘请我们这种人
and they hire our kind.
我可以帮你安排参加明天的面试
And I can get you an interview there tomorrow.
叔叔 感谢您的好意 我到这里来是想在房♥地♥产♥业一试身手
Well, thank you, sir. But I came here to try my hand at real estate.
这边当房♥地♥产♥经理的黑人不多
There's not a lot of colored real estate agents.
我是指购♥房♥♥出租
Owning property and renting it out.
你嫁了个百万富翁吗 尤妮丝?
You married a millionaire, Eunice?
迪肯
Deacon.
小子 我当然希望你成功
Well, I sure hope you're clo, son.
洛杉矶可不像德州小镇
This isn't some one-hor town in Texas.
这边的房♥地♥产♥不便宜
Real estate is expensive here.
我们在休斯顿开过一家公♥司♥ 伯纳德存了一笔钱
Bernard saved up money from a company we started in Houston.
在找到负担得起的房♥地♥产♥前 你有什么打算?
So, what do you plan to do until you find something you can afford?
继续找
Keep looking.
直到花光全部积蓄为止吗?
And spend down your savings till they're gone?
直到无法交租为止吗?
And then can't pay your rent?
迪肯 够了
Deacon, stop.
你会在每月1号♥
You'll get your rent the first of every month,
收到当月的预付租金
谁是首富one month in advance.
我该去哄小伯纳德睡觉了
I should go get Bernard Jr. in bed.
失陪了
点燃的反义词Excu me.
尤妮丝 为什么你老公这么讨厌工作?
Eunice, what does your husband have against working?
在他找到适合的房♥子前 如果有必要帮补家计
If we need to supplement our income until he finds the right property,
我会到种植园俱乐部工作
韩愈的文学主张
I'll work at the Plantation Club.
那里不适合已婚女性工作
That ain't no place for a married woman to work.