草莓英语怎么说

更新时间:2023-05-18 09:31:24 阅读: 评论:0

谁杀了关羽
草莓英语怎么说
   
A Brush with the Law
   
与警察的一场小冲突
   
I have only once been in trouble with the law. 我平生只有一次跟警方发生纠葛。
   
The whole process of being arrested and taken to court was a rather unpleasant experience at the time, but it makes a good story now. 被捕和出庭的整个过程在当时是一件非常不愉快的事,但现在倒成了一篇很好的故事。
   
What makes it rather disturbing was the arbitrary circumstances both of my arrest and my subquent fate in court. 这次经历令人可恼之处在于围绕着我的被捕以及随后庭上审讯而出现的种种武断专横的情况。
   
It happened in February about twelve years ago. 事情发生在大约12年前,其时正是2月。
   
I had left school a couple of months before that and was not due to go to university until the following October. 几个月前我中学毕业了,但上大学要等到10月。
   
I was still living at home at the time. 当时我还在家中居住。
   
One morning I was in Richmond, a suburb of London near where I lived. 一天早晨,我来到里士满。这里是伦敦的一个郊区,离我住的地方不远。
   
I was looking for a temporary job so that I could save up some money to go travelling. 我在寻找一份临时工作,以便积些钱去旅游。
   
As it was a fine day and I was in no hurry, I was taking my time, looking in shop windows, strolling in the park, and sometimes just stopping and looking around me. 由于天气晴朗,当时又无急事,我便慢悠悠看看橱窗,逛逛公园。有时干脆停下脚步,四处张望。
   
It must have been this obvious aimlessness that led to my downfall. 现在看来,一定是这种明显的毫无目的的游逛,使我倒了霉。
   
It was about half past eleven when it happened. 事情发生在11点半钟光景。
   
I was just walking out of the local library, having unsuccessfully sought employment there, when I saw a man walking across the road with the obvious intention of talking to me. 我在当地图书馆谋职未成,刚刚走出来,便看到一个人穿越马路,显然是要来跟我说话。
   
I thought he was going to ask me the time. Instead, he said he was a police officer and he was arresting me. 我以为他要问我时间,不料他说他是警官,要逮捕我。
   
At first I thought it was some kind of joke. But then another policeman appeared, this time
in uniform, and I was left in no doubt. 起先我还以为这是在开玩笑,但又一个警察出现在我的面前,这次是位身着警服的,这一下使我确信无疑了。
   
‘But what for’ I asked. “为什么要抓我”我问道。
   
“Wandering with intent to commit an arrestable offence,’ he said. “到处游荡,企图作案,”他说。
   
牙齿最多的动物 ‘What offence’ I asked. “作什么案”我又问。
    冰箱的排名
‘Theft,’ he said. “偷窃,”他说。
   
‘Theft of what’ I asked. “偷什么”我追问。
   
‘Milk bottles,’ he said, and with a perfectly straight face too! “牛奶瓶,”他板着面孔说道。
   
‘Oh,’ I said. “噢,”我说。
   
It turned out there had been a lot of petty thefts in the area, particularly that of stealing milk bottles from doorsteps. 事情原来是这样的,在这一地区多次发生小的扒窃案,特别是从门前台阶上偷走牛奶瓶。
   
Then I made my big mistake. 接着,我犯了一个大错误。
江苏高考分数   
At the time I was nineteen, had long untidy hair, and regarded mylf as part of the sixties’ youth countercultrue.
   
其时我年方19,留一头蓬乱的长发,自认为是60年代”青年反主流文化”的一员。
   
As a result, I want to appear cool and unconcerned with the incident, so I said, ‘How long have you been following me’ in the most casual and conversational tone I could manage. 所以我想装出一副冷漠的、对这一事件满不在乎的样子。于是我尽量用一种漫不经心的极其随便的腔调说,”你们跟踪我多久啦”
   
I thus appeared to them to be quite familiar with this sort of situation, and it confirmed them in their belief that I was a thoroughly disreputable character. 这样一来,在他们眼里,我就像是非常熟悉这一套的了,也使他们更加确信我是一个地地道道的坏蛋。
   
A few minutes later a police car arrived. 几分钟后,开来了一辆警车。
   
‘Get in the back,’ they said. ‘Put your hands on the back of the front at and don’t move them.’ “坐到后面去,”他们说。”把手放到前排座位的靠背上,不准挪动。”
   
They got in on either side of me. It wasn’t funny any more. 他们分别坐在我的两边。这可再也不是闹着玩的了。
   
At the police station they questioned me for veral hours. 在警察局,他们审讯了我好几个小时。
   
I continued to try to look worldly and au fait with the situation. 我继续装成老于世故、对这种事习以为常。
   
When they asked me what I had been doing, I told them I’d been looking for a job. 当他们问我在干什么时,我告诉他们在找工作。
   
强国之路是什么
‘Aha,’ I could e them thinking, ‘unemployed’. “啊,”我可以想象他们在想,”果然是个失业的家伙。”
校本研修个人研修计划
   
君若无情我便休 Eventually, I was officially charged and told to report to Richmond Magistrates’ Court the following Monday. Then they let me go. 最后,我被正式起诉,并通知我下周一到里士满地方法庭受审。随后他们让我离开。
   
I wanted to conduct my own defence in court, but as soon as my father found out what had happened, he hired a very good solicitor. 我想在法庭上作自我辩护,但父亲知道这事后,马上请了一位高明的律师。
   
We went along that Monday armed with all kinds of witness, including my English teacher from school as a character witness. 我们星期一出庭的时候,带了各种各样的证人,其中包括我中学的英语老师,做我人品的见证人。 取暖器哪种好
   

本文发布于:2023-05-18 09:31:24,感谢您对本站的认可!

本文链接:https://www.wtabcd.cn/fanwen/fan/82/679673.html

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系,我们将在24小时内删除。

标签:发生   审讯   被捕   研修   辩护   法庭   出庭   工作
相关文章
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
推荐文章
排行榜
Copyright ©2019-2022 Comsenz Inc.Powered by © 专利检索| 网站地图