该起床了
Time to get up, man.-好的 老爸 -快点
-All right, Dad. -Come on.马上来了
Should be here soon.-我想我该列个表 -干嘛?
-I think I should make a list. -What do mean?-想要的生日礼物? -对呀
-For your birthday gifts? -Yeah.你知道只能要几个礼物 对吧?
You know you're only getting a couple of things, right?知道啊 我只想列出来看看 研究一下 好好选选
Yeah, I know. Just to look at and study so I can choo better.哦 很聪明 那就列吧
Okay, well, that's smart. Yeah, make a list.想要的礼物你都会写吗?
Can you spell everything you're thinking of?-应该吧 -哦 很好
-I think so. -All right. That's good.-小伙子 你还好吧? -还好
-How you doing in here, man? -Okay.我们今天能去公园吗 在上完幼儿园后?
Can we go to the park today, after?呃 我还得去奥克兰 或许 再说吧
No, I gotta go to Oakland. Well, maybe, we'll e.亲亲
Give me a kiss.晚点再说
I'll talk to you later.借过
Excu me.对不起 呃...
Oh, 什么时候会找人清洗一下?
...when is somebody gonna clean this off?我不会说英文...我提过的 幸福的"幸"写错了
And the Y? The Y. We talked about this.这里写成了辛苦的"辛"
It's an I in "happiness. " There's no Y in "happiness. " It's an I.我不是说过 我不会说英文...我是克里斯·迦纳
I'm Chris Gardner.我第一次见到我父亲时 已经岁了
I met my father for the first time when I was years old.我儿时就决定 将来我有了孩子
And I made up my mind as a young kid that when I 我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁
...my children were gonna know who their father was.这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分
This is part of my life story.这部分叫做"搭公车"
This part is called "Riding the Bus. "[旧金山 年]那是什么?
What's that?是架时光机 对吧?
It's a time machine, isn't it?看起来是时光机
Seems like a time machine.像是时光机 是时光机 能带上我吗?
That ems like a time machine. It's a time machine. Take me with you.这仪器
我膝盖上的这台仪器
...this machine on 这伙计 他有架时光机
This guy, he has a time machine.他 他用时光机穿梭到过去
He travels in the past with this 这不是时光机
it is not a time machine.而是 手提式骨质密度扫描仪
It' a portable bone-density scanner.是医疗器材 我就靠卖这个过活
A medical device I ll for a living.谢谢您给我这个机会 向您推介这仪器
Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you.-我不胜感激 -我们真的不需要 克里斯
-I appreciate it. -We just don't need it, Chris.没多大用处而且还很贵
It's unnecessary and expensive.-哦 或许下次... -谢谢
-Well, -Thank you.它比X光机显像更精确一点点
It gave a slightly denr picture than an x-ray但却贵了一倍
for twice the money.-嘿 -嘿 宝贝
-Hey. -Hey, baby.-怎么啦? -没 没事儿
-What happened? -No, nothing.只是 我今天不能去接儿子
Look, I can't get Christopher today.你得去 我七点还要上班
Oh, no, you don't, Chris. I'm back on at .我知道 但我一定要去奥克兰
I know. I have got to go to Oakland.所以我得先接他回家 做饭 给他洗澡...
So I gotta get Christopher home, feed him, 哄他睡觉 然后七点前回到这儿?
...get him in bed, and be back here by ?-对 -今天收到了税单
-Yes. -And we got the tax-bill notice today.-你说怎么办? -听着 就这么办
-What are you gonna do about that? -Look, this is what we gotta do.看到那车了吗? 那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车
You e that car? The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it?那是我的车
That' mine.医院附近不准停车
There' no parking near hospitals.赶时间的结果就是这样
That' what happens when you're always in a rush.还是非常谢谢你
Thanks anyway. Very much.-或许下个季度 -可能哦
-Maybe next quarter. -It's possible.我每个月至少得卖两台
I needed to ll at least two scanners a month才够付房租和幼儿园费
for rent and daycare.还得再卖一台
I'd have to ll 才够付车窗上的那些罚单
...to pay off all of tho tickets under my windshield wiper.问题是
The 我很久没卖出一台了
...I haven't sold any for a while.你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的?
Since when do you not like macaroni and chee?从...我出生开始?
Since birth?-这是什么? -呃?
-What's that? -What?-这是什么东西? -克里斯托弗的礼物
-What is this? -It's a gift for Christopher.-谁给的? -我同事欣西雅
-From who? -Cynthia from work.她不知道这是给大人玩的 克里斯托弗还小
It's for adults. Chris can't u it. She didn't know.要怎么玩?
What are you suppod to do with it?把每一面都弄成同一颜色
Make every side the same color.你付税了吗?
Did you pay the taxes?没 我要申请延后缴
No, I'm gonna have to file an extension.-你已经申请过延期了 -是 我还要再延期一次
-You already filed an extension. -Yeah, well, I gotta file another one.一共是美元 我下个月就有了
It's $. I'll have it in the next month.是加上利息 还有罚金的总额吧
That means interest, right? And a penalty?嗯 不是很多啦
Yeah, a little bit.让我处理就好 你就别操心了 好吗?
Look, why don't you let me do this? All right, just relax. Okay?-来 别烦了 -我得回去工作了
-Come here. Calm down. -I have to go back to work.准备上床了 嗨 把盘子放水池里去
Let's get ready for bed. Hey, put your plate in the sink.几天前他们递交了一份 我要求的