沪江英语

更新时间:2023-05-09 16:16:30 阅读: 评论:0

1、We have so many needs in our life, but at the end of the day, all we to be needed.
人生中,我们总是有那么多的渴求和需求。然而归根结底,我们最渴求的,不过是被别人需求。
2、Home is a refuge, not only from the world but a refuge from my worries, my terrible concerns.
家是避难的港湾,不只是躲避世界纷扰也可躲避自己的忧虑和担心。
3、I'll follow you. If I'm die, then I want to go out fighting.
我会跟随你。就算是死,也要战死。
4、When you stand and share your story i, your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody el.
当你愿意站出来分享你的故事,你的故 事会治愈你,也同样会治愈其他人。
5、You are mean to me. You insult me and you don't appreciate anything that I do! You're aIways pushing me around or pushing me away.
你对我总是很刻薄 ,你侮辱我而且我做的事你不领情 ,你总是把我推来推去 。
6、But I work really hard. I put in a hundred hours a week. (Mohammed Dewji, Tanzanian businessman)
但我工作起来非常卖力,每周都要投入100小时在工作上。——穆罕默德·德沃基(坦桑尼亚商人)
7、Whatever comes, I'll love you, just as I do now. Until I die.
无论发生什么事,我都会像现在一样爱你,直到永远
Don't carry too much on your back.
别背负太多
魔鬼口语
一、
1. She's a kept woman.
她是个二奶。
kept woman 外室,靠男人养活的姘妇,二奶
e.g. Who would ever believe that a kept woman wrote that!
谁能相信这是一个风尘女子的手笔!
2. Courage will carry you through.
勇气会助你渡过难关。
carry through 完成,贯彻,进行;帮助克服困难
e.g. We must carry the experiment through to the end, not give up halfway. 这项试验一定要搞到底,不能半途而废。
e.g. The task is difficult but the enthusiasm will carry him through. 任务是困难的,可是他
的热情会使他坚持到底。
3. I’ll never go cap in hand to him.
我才不会求他。
go cap in hand to 必恭必敬,卑躬屈节
4. I hate his guts.
我恨死他了。
5. My dad is a real stick-in-the-mud.
我爸是个老古板。
stick-in-the-mud 作名词时用来比喻顽固和墨守成规的人;作形容词时表示保守的,思想迟钝的
e.g. Don't be such a stick-in-the-mud! 别这么死脑筋嘛!
6. Time is of the esnce.        /'ɛsns/(美)
时间紧迫。
7. I know him by reputation.   
我听说过他。
by reputation 由(或通过)名声;由于知名度;靠名气
e.g. I know Frank Cowperwood by reputation, anyhow. 无论如何,我是久仰法兰克·柯帕乌的大名的。
同为久仰之意的还有:I get mind of you. / I have heard so much about you.
8. I shall be with you in spirit.
我精神上支持你。
in spirit 在内心,在精神上,心灵上
e.g. He is troubled in spirit. 他内心苦恼。
9. He is a thorn in my side.        /θɔrn/n. 刺;[植] 荆棘
他是我的眼中钉。
a thorn in the side/flesh 肉中刺;棘手的事,不断使某人烦恼的根源
e.g. I wonder why I become a thorn in their side. I've never harmed them. 不知为什么我成了他们的眼中钉了。我可从未错待过他们。
10. Beauty and the beast.
一朵鲜花插在牛粪上了。
二、
1. I said a few words off the cuff.
我即兴讲了几句。
off the cuff 即兴地,即席地,临时地,无准备地;非正式地,很随便地。与off-hand相似。

e.g. This is not the kind of question that one can answer off the cuff.
这可不是那种可以当场答复的问题。
当你回答一个问题,而对你的答案又不太肯定时,就可以用off the cuff这个习惯用语。
e.g. Off the cuff, I'd say about two thousand. 我的印象好像是两千人。
2. By rights, I owe you an apology.
按理说,我得向你道歉。
by rights 按理说;正当地
e.g. By rights he should be king. 按理说,他应该当国王。
3. Fear is contagious.--------------- [kən'teɪdʒəs]
恐慌会传染。
4. Will they reimbur you?---------------  [,riɪm'bɝs] 
报销吗?
5. Your eyes are tantalizing.----------- ['tæntəlaɪzɪŋ] 
你的眼睛让人心猿意马。
6. Don’t tamper with the machine.
别瞎鼓捣机器。
tamper with 篡改;贿赂;胡乱摆弄;瞎搞
《生活大爆炸》第三季第1集中Howard他们篡改了Sheldon的实验数据:
Sheldon: You tampered with my experiment?
Raj: We had to. It was the only way to keep you from being such a huge Dickensian.
7. OK, I’ll play along.
他不是想玩吗?OK,我陪他玩。
play along 合作,焦虑地等待,参与
e.g. I am glad you've decided to play along. 我高兴的是你决定合作了。
e.g. Sometimes they would play along with us and pretend to be scared by some ghost or witch. 有时候他们会跟我们一起玩,假装被鬼或者女巫吓着了。
8. The song failed to catch fire.
这首歌没火起来。
catch fire(用火石)打火;(用火柴)擦火;对……产生很深影响,激起热情
e.g. Paper is apt to catch fire. 纸容易着火。
e.g. For the first time the campaign began to catch fire. 这场运动从现在起才开始沸腾起来了。
9. I’m biding my time.
我在等待时机。
10. Any stick will rve to beat a dog with.

本文发布于:2023-05-09 16:16:30,感谢您对本站的认可!

本文链接:https://www.wtabcd.cn/fanwen/fan/82/565543.html

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系,我们将在24小时内删除。

标签:躲避   起来   等待   篡改   风尘   知名度   问题
相关文章
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
推荐文章
排行榜
Copyright ©2019-2022 Comsenz Inc.Powered by © 专利检索| 网站地图