片名:《傲慢与偏见》
Lydia! Kitty!
莉蒂亚,小凯
My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
我亲爱的班奈特先生 你听说了没有?
Netherfield Park is let at last. Do you not want to know who has taken it?
尼日菲庄园终於租出去了 你不想知道是谁租的吗?
As you wish to tell me, my dear, I doubt I have any choice in the matter.
妳既然想告诉我,亲爱的 这件事我恐怕也没有选择馀地
Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
小凯,我不是跟妳说过 不要在门後偷听的吗?
There's a Mr Bingley arrived from the North.
是北部来的宾利先生
- Five thousand a year! - Really?
- 一年五千镑 - 真的?
- He's single! - Who's single?
- 他是单身汉 - 谁是单身汉?
A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty!
显然是宾利先生,小凯
How can that possibly affect them?
这跟她们有什麽关系?
Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
班奈特先生 你怎能这麽讨人厌?
You know he must marry one of them.
你知道他必须娶她们的其中一个
That is his design in ttling here?
这是他安居在此的计画吗?
You must go and visit him at once.
你必须立刻去拜访他
Good heavens. People.
老天,这麽多人
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
若你不去,我们也不能去 班奈特先生
- Are you listening? You never listen. - You must, Papa! At once!
- 你听到没有?你从不听我说 - 爸爸,你必须马上去
There's no need. I already have.
没必要,我已去过了
- You have? - When?
- 你去过了? - 哪时候?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tea me so?
班奈特先生 你怎能这样作弄我?
Have you no compassion for my poor nerves?
你对我可怜的神经 没有半点同情心吗?
You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them.
妳误解我了,亲爱的 我非常尊敬妳的神经
They've been my constant companions the twenty years.
二十年来 它们一直是我忠实的同伴
Papa!
爸爸
- Is he amiable? - Who?
- 他亲切吗? - 谁?
- Is he handsome? - He's sure to be.
- 他英俊吗? - 应该是的
With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts.
一年有五千镑 就算长疣也无所谓
Who's got warts?
谁长疣了?
I will connt to his marrying whichever girl he choos.
他娶哪个女孩我都会很满意
- So will he come to the ball tomorrow? - I believe so.
- 他会参加明晚的舞会吗? - 我相信会的
- Mr Bennet! - [Kitty] I have to have your muslin!
- 班奈特先生 - 我要妳印花布洋装!
- I'll lend you my green slippers! - They were mine.
- 我借妳绿色的拖鞋! - 那是我的
- I'll do your mending for a week. - I'll retrim your new bonnet.
- 我替妳缝一星期的衣服 - 我替妳修饰新软帽
Two weeks I'll do it for.
我愿意做两个星期?
[# jig]
It's not the same! It's not the same.
这不一样! 这不一样!
I can't breathe.
我无法呼吸
[girl] I think one of my toes just came off.
我想我的一个脚趾掉下来了
If every man does not end the evening in love with you,
若今晚结束前 没有一个男的爱上妳
then I'm no judge of beauty.
那我就不知道怎麽评断美
- Or men. - No, they are far too easy to judge.
- 或评断男人 - 男人太难了解了
They're not all bad.
他们不全是坏人
Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience.
在我有限的经验中 他们只会说无趣的废话
One day, someone will catch your eye,
有一天,妳会喜欢上某人
and then you'll have to watch your tongue.
到时候妳说话就要小心
How good of you to come.
很荣幸你们能够赏光
Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?
哪只装饰过度的孔雀 是我们的宾利先生?
He's on the right. On the left is his sister.
他在右边 左边是他妹妹
- The person with the quizzical brow? - That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.
- 眉毛古怪的那个呢? - 那是他的好友达西先生
- He looks mirable, poor soul. - He may be, but poor he is not.
- 他看来好惨,可怜的灵魂 - 也许吧,但他可不穷
Tell me.
告诉我吧
1 0,000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire.
他一年有一万镑收入 而且拥有半个德贝郡
The mirable half.
糟糕的那一半德贝郡
[# jig]
Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.
班奈特先生 你必须立刻把他介绍给女儿们
Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile.
对宾利先生微笑,微笑
Mary.
玛莉
Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know.
宾利先生,这是我的大女儿
Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet.
班奈特太太,珍班奈特小姐 伊莉莎白和玛莉班奈特
It is a pleasure. I have two others, but they're already dancing.
很荣幸,我还有两个女儿 但她们已经在跳舞
I'm delighted to make your acquaintance.
很高兴与各位见面
And may I introduce Mr Darcy of Pemberley in Derbyshire.
容我介绍德贝郡 彭伯里的达西先生
How do you like it here in Hertfordshire?
你还喜欢哈福郡这里吗?
Very much.
非常喜欢
The library at Netherfield, I've heard, is one of the finest.
我听说尼日菲的图书馆 是最棒的
It fills me with guilt. I'm not a good reader. I prefer being out of doors.
这让我很有罪恶感,我不爱阅读 我较喜欢户外活动
Oh, I mean, I can read, of cour.
我当然能看书?
And I'm not suggesting you can't read out of doors.
我也不是说不能在户外看书
[Jane] I wish I read more, but there em to be so many other things to do.
我希望能多读点书 但总好像有其它事要做
[Bingley] That's exactly what I meant.
对,我就是这个意思
Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe what we're about to tell you.
妈妈,妳绝不相信 我即将要告诉妳的事?
- Tell me! - She's going to take the veil.
- 快说吧! - 她要去当修女
- The regiment are coming! - Officers?
- 军团要来了 - 军官?
They're going to be stationed the whole winter, right here.