110 The One With the Monkey猴子
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Ross is entering.]
Ross: Guys? There's a somebody I'd like you to meet.
各位我想介绍一个人给大家认识
(A monkey jumps on to his shoulder.)
All: Oooh!
Monica: W-wait. What is that? 等等…这是怎么回事?
Ross: 'That' would be Marcel. You wanna say hi?
他叫马修,想和他打声招呼?
Monica: No, no, I don't. 不,我不要
Rachel: Oh, he is precious! Where did you get him?
他好可爱,哪里得到他的?生物场
Ross: My friend Bethel rescued him from some lab.
我朋友贝瑟把它从实验室救出来的
Phoebe: That is so cruel! Why? Why would a parent name their chi夏天菜谱
ld Bethel?
真残忍,为何有父母会将孩子取名为圣地(贝瑟)?
Chandler: Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on its ass!
那猴子的屁股上长了个罗斯
Monica: Ross, is he gonna live with you, like, in your apartment?
罗斯,它要和你同住吗?
Ross: Yeah. I mean, it's been kinda quiet since Carol left, so...
对,卡萝离开後家里冷清清的
Monica: Why don't you just get a roommate?
为何不找个室友?
Ross: Nah, I think you reach a certain age, having a roommate is kinda pathe- (Realis) ....sorry, that's, that's 'pathet', which is Sanskrit for 'really cool way to live'.
人到一定的年纪后与室友同住是有点可悲(pathet)…抱歉,是pathet,在梵语中代表很酷的生活方式
Opening Credits
[Scene: Central Perk, Phoebe is getting ready to sing. Joey is not there.]
Phoebe: So you guys, I'm doing all new material tonight. I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide, and one about a snowman.
各位,我今天将唱全新的曲目,我写了12首关于我妈自杀的歌,及一首有关雪人的歌
Chandler: Might wanna open with the snowman.
你最好先唱雪人
(Enter Joey)
All: Hey, Joey. Hey, buddy.
Monica: So, how'd it go? 如何?
Joey: Ahhhhhh, I didn't get the job. -我没得到那份工作
Ross: How could you not get it? You were Santa last year.
你怎可能会没得到?你是去年的圣诞老人
Joey: I dunno. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager. He's not even jolly, it's all political.
不知道哪个胖子和店经理有一腿,他根本无法逗人开心,这就是政治
Monica: So what are you gonna be? 那么你扮演什么?
Joey: Ah, I'm gonna be one of his helpers. It's just such a slap in the face, y'know?
当他的助手,就像是脸上的一个巴掌,你明白的?(真是耻辱)
Rachel: Hey, do you guys know what you're doing for New Year's? (They all protest and hit her with cushions) Gee, what?! What is wrong with New Year's?
你们打算如何过新年? 什么?新年有什么不对劲吗?
Chandler: Nothing for you, you have Paolo. You don't have to face the horrible pressures of this holiday: desperate scramble to find anything with lips just so you can have someone to kiss when the ball drops!! Man, I'm talking loud!
你有保罗.无须面对新年带来的压力,无须急着寻找有嘴唇的生物,便于在球落下那一刻有个亲嘴的对象,哦,我说得太大声了!
Rachel: Well, for your information, Paolo is gonna be in Rome this New Year, so I'll be just as pathetic as the rest of you.
保罗新年时会在罗马,所以我将和各位一样可悲
Phoebe: Yeah, you wish! 想得美
Chandler: It's just that I'm sick of being a victim of this Dick Clark holiday. I say this year, no dates, we make a pact. Just the six of us- dinner.
我有个主意,聚餐,不错,我们可以把它放在午饭和早饭之间,我不想再听到迪克拉克的疲劳轰炸,我说今年,我们约定.只有我们6个共进晚餐
All: Yeah, okay. Alright.
Chandler: Y'know, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm.
我希望大家能更开心点
All: Woooo! Yeah!
Rachel: Phoebe, you're on. 菲比,该上台了枪简笔画
Phoebe: Oh, oh, good.
Rachel: (Into microphone) Okay, hi. Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, Miss Phoebe Buffay. Wooh!
各位,回应大家要求,菲比布费小姐
Phoebe: (Takes mike) Thanks, hi. Um, I wanna start with a song that means a lot to me this time of year. (Shakes bell as an introdu第几个教师节
ction) (Sung:)
首先的这首歌在这种时节令我感慨万分
I made a man with eyes of coal
And a smile so bewitchin',
How was I suppod to know
That my mom was dead in the kitchen?
(shakes bell) La lalala la la la la lalala
我做了一个人,眼睛是煤炭做的,他有谜样的微笑,我如何能承受,母亲死在厨房的事实,
(Cut to later. Everyone is totally depresd by now.)
Phoebe: (Sung)
...My mother's ashes
Even her eyelashes
Are resting in a little yellow jar,
And sometimes when it'
母亲的骨灰,甚至是她的睫毛,都安放在一个黄色的小骨灰坛,当有时天寒地冻,
(Over the sound of Phoebe singing we hear two scientists, Max and David, having a noisy discussion)
Phoebe: (Sung)
...I feel a little sneezy
And now I- (abruptly stops)
Excu me, excu me! Yeah, noisy boys! (They stop talking and look up) Is it something that you would like to share with the entire group?
我感觉有点想打啧涕,如今我…抱歉,吵闹的男人,有什么想和大家分享的吗?
Max: No. No, th主要特点及具体事例
at's- that's okay. 没.没,没事
Phoebe: Well, c'mon, if it's important enough to discuss while I'm playing, then I assume it's important enough for everyone el to hear!
如果有事如此重要 你们非在我唱歌时谈论,那就重要的足以与我们分享