1中文里面,我们喜欢先说一句荒唐的话,然后再加上"才怪",就好像在说"你被骗啦",有嘲讽或者开玩笑的意思。美语里也有同样的说法哦!
Said No One Ever - 有人这样说才奇怪呢,才怪
A: Renting an apartment in New York is the cheapest thing ever!
在纽约租房子是史上最便宜的事情。
B: For real?
真的么?
A: Said no one ever!
要是有人这样说才奇怪呢!
Psych - 耍你的!
A: Baijie, I think Tom Crui just walked past you!
白洁,我觉得刚才好像是Tom Crui从你身边走过!
B: Where? Where? Where?
哪儿呢?哪儿呢?
A: Psych!
耍你的!
As if - 可能么
A: This salad is really fulfilling. I'm stuffed.
这个沙拉太饱人了。我吃撑了!
B: Really?
真的么?
A: As if! It's just a bowl of leaves.
怎么可能?一碗叶子而已。
A: Thank god. It's finally Monday!
谢天谢地,终于到星期一了!
B: Seriously?
真的么?
A: Said no one ever. Especially when we have a Math test this afternoon.
要是有人这样说才奇怪呢。可恨的是我们今天下午还有个数学考试。
B: Oh, didn't you hear? The Math test is cancelled.
你没听说么?今天的数学考试取消了。
A: What?! I pulled an all-nighter studying for it yesterday.
什么?!我昨天可是通宵复习啊。
B: Psych! Haha.
耍你的!哈哈。
A: Don't scare me like that, Baijie. Aren't you worried about this test at all?
白洁,别这样吓唬我。你难道不担心这次考试么?
B: As if! Math is my worst subject. I've been studying all weekend too.
怎么可能!我的数学最差了。我整个周末也都在复习。
2今天我们一起来看看怎么用美语谈"强迫症"
OCD/obssive-compulsive disorder 强迫症
I have OCD. I can't stand the badges on my iPhone app icons. In most cas I check the apps simply to get rid of the badges.
我有强迫症。我受不了爱疯应用的数字角标。我点击那些应用大多数情况下其实就是为了
消掉角标!
小提琴教学
You're SO OCD!!!
你的强迫症好严重啊!
OCD也可以表示有强迫症的人
David Beckham is an OCD. He has three fridges: food in one, salad in another and drinks in the third. If he has 3 sodas left, he has to throw one away, becau the number of all sodas must be even.
小贝有强迫症。他有三个冰箱,一个放食物,一个放沙拉,一个放饮料。如果他有三罐饮料,他必须扔掉一罐,因为所有的饮料必须是双数。
perfectionist 完美主义者
Vergos are perfectionists. If they can't do it exactly right, they don't do it at all.
处女座都是完美主义者。如果一件事不能做到尽善尽美,他们就干脆不做。
clean freak 洁癖
My roommate is a clean freak. She sanitizes everything she's going to touch. She would rather hold it for hours than using a public restroom!
我舍友有洁癖。她要碰的所有东西都要先消毒。她宁可憋好几个小时也不用公厕!
----------
3今天我们一起来看看怎么用美语口语来说"走了,撤了","离开","出去,出发"。
Dip / Dip out - 离开,撤了
Bounce -- 撤了,去了
Head out- 出去,出发
Dip, 或者 dip out描写景物的作文, 是用来表达"离开"的非常口语的说法。
I have to dip out of work early today to catch the train at 5 pm.优秀党员事迹材料
我今天要早点下班去赶那班5点的火车。
Bounce
This party is SO boring, I'm gonna bounce.
这个派对好无聊,我要撤了!
Head out
It's 8:30 already! I'm gonna head out now or I'll be late for school.
已经八点半了!我要是现在再不出发上学就要迟到了!
Ryan texted me that he is throwing a big dance party tonight!!! Why are we still sitting here? Let's bounce!!
Ryan发短信告诉我说他今晚要举办一个很大的跳舞派对! 我们还坐在这里干什么!走吧!
- Oh man! Sounds so fun! But I have so much work to do!足球加时赛
哎天那,听上去好好玩的样子啊!可是我有好多事情要做啊!
- Just go for a little while!
就去一会会嘛!
-Alrighty then, just a little while, but I'm gonna dip out early.
那好吧,就待一会,不过我要提早走。
- Okay, but if we don't head out now, we're gonna miss the good music!
好!我们再不走,就赶不上好听的音乐!
- Alright, alright let's bounce!
好啦好啦我们走吧!
4今天我们一起来看看怎么用美语谈"拖延症"procrastination
夜间行车procrastinate 拖延
There is a ten-page paper due Friday morning and I'm not gonna procrastinate this time!
周五上午要交一个十页的论文。我这次绝对不拖着!
I'll never ever procrastinate again!
我再也不拖作业了!
put it off推迟,拖着
A: I'm taking TOEFL next month. The words are so difficult! There's no way I can memorize them.
我下个月要考托福。这些词好难啊,根本记不住。
B: Put it off till tomorrow. Let's go out and eat!
明天再说吧。跟我吃好吃的去。
A: Ok!
put it off until the last minute拖到最后一分钟
procrastinator 拖延症患者
Cynthia is the worst procrastinator I have ever en. She believes she's more efficient under pressure, so she always puts it off until the last minute.
Cynthia关于读书的诗词真是拖拉机中的战斗机。她觉得有压力才有动力,所以她老是拖到最后一刻才动手。
----------
5羊肉火锅的做法看过了电冰箱英文"汪星人",今天我们再来谈谈"喵星人"!
cat person 喜欢猫的人
Hi I'm Kristen and this is Mia. We live in New York City.
嗨,我是Kristen,这是Mia.我们住在纽约。
I'm a cat person. Cats are the perfect companions.
我是个喜欢猫的人。猫是完美的伴侣。
antisocial不爱交际的,孤僻的
needy需要关心的,黏人的
Hi! I'm Karlie and this is Louie LeMore. We live in Chicago.
嗨!我是Karlie,这是Louie LeMore。我们住在芝加哥。
Some people don't like cats becau they think they're antisocial, but I think dogs are too needy.
有人不喜欢猫,因为他们觉得猫很孤僻,但是我觉得狗太黏人了。
shed掉毛
Hi! I'm Ryan and this is my cat, Otis Jr. We live in Washington, D.C.
嗨!我是Ryan,这是我的猫,Otis Jr./小 Otis。我们住在华盛顿。
I love my cat, but he sheds over everything! He sheds over my shirts, he sheds over my bed sheets, he sheds over the sofa, over food! He even sheds over my favorite vintage jacket!!
我爱我的猫,但是他各种掉毛!他的毛到处都是,在我的衬衫上,床单上,沙发上,还有吃的上!甚至我最喜欢的复古夹克上也有猫毛!