Dark's nothing to be afraid of. 无需害怕黑暗
In fact, I'd go as far as saying there's nothing to be afraid of. 实际上 我想说无需害怕任何事
Anywhere. 任何地方
The strongest person is the person who isn't scared to be alone. 最坚强的人 应该不畏惧孤独
It's other people you got to worry about. 该担心的是其他人
Other people. They'll tell you what to do, how 其他人 他们会告诉你怎么做 怎么想
Before you 不知不觉
...you're pouring your life out in arch of something 你就把生命倾注在追寻
other people told you to go look for. 其他人告诉你该寻找的东西了
Someday, you're gonna be all alone, 总有一天 你会孤身一人
so you need to figure out how to take care of yourlf. 所以你要懂得如何照顾自己
Hello. 喂
Beth Harmon? 贝丝·哈蒙
Yes. 是我
Uh, this is Harry Beltik. 我是哈利·贝尔蒂克
Uh, from the Kentucky State Tournament. 肯塔基州锦标赛的
No, I remember. 我记得
I hear you dropped one to Borgov. 我听说你输给了博尔戈夫
兴盛的拼音销售简历模板I wanted to give condolences. 我想向你表示同情最新等着我
Thanks. 谢谢
What were you playing, White? 你是哪一方 白棋吗
- Black. - Oh, it's-it's better that way. -黑棋 -那样还好
I mean, if you're gonna lo. 如果要输的话
Suppo so. 或许吧
What did you play? 你走了什么开局
Clod Sicilian. 封闭式西西里防御
Rossolimo? Really? 罗索里莫变例 真的吗
I let him do it to me. 我任由他拿这招打败我的
That's a mistake. 这是个错误
Uh, look, I'm in Lexington for the summer, and I 听着 我这个暑假在莱克星顿 我想着也许
embosdMaybe what? 也许什么
Would you like some training? 你想来点训练吗
I know you're better than me. 我知道 我知道你棋艺比我强
But if you're gonna play the Soviets, you need help. 但如果你要和苏联人对抗 你需要帮忙
Where are you? 你在哪
I'm on my way to the Phoenix Hotel. 我正要去凤凰酒店
I'm moving to an apartment on Thursday. I could come by then. 我周四会搬进公寓 我可以到时候过来
Why don't you come over right now? 不如你现在就过来吧
第五集 后翼弃兵
Excu me, miss. 不好意思 小姐
What happened to that gawky kid who kicked my ass five years ago? 五年前把我打得落花流水的那个瞪眼小女孩呢
Apparently, she grew up. 看来她长大了
A.I. Deinkopf. AI·登科普夫
Middlegame Strategy. 《中局战术》
I've read that one. 我看过了
J .R. Capablanca, My Chess Career. JR·卡帕布兰卡 《我的象棋生涯》
That one, too. 那本也看过了
Fornaut, Alekhine's Games 1938 to 1945. 福诺特 《1938年至1945年阿列瀚的棋局》
Yes. 看过
Meyer, Rook and Pawn Endings. 梅耶 《车兵残局》
I know, you've read it. 我知道 你看过了
No. 没有
But I have my own copy upstairs. 但我有自己的复印本
Well, some of the are gonna be new to you. 里面有些内容对你来说是新的
Capablanca played on intuition. 卡帕布兰卡都靠直觉下棋
And his natural gifts, which obviously were considerable. 而且他非常天赋禀异
Unlike Bogoljubov and Grtinfeld, who memorized everything. 不像博格伊波夫和格廷菲尔德 记住一切
Yeah, I know how you feel about them. 对 我知道你怎么看他们
I read your piece in Chess Review. 我看了《象棋天下》里你的文章
Nice cover photo, by the way. 对了 封面拍得很好看
I e players at tournaments after their games have finished, 我看到锦标赛上有选手下完棋还在研究棋局
sitting there studying opening variation 坐着研究各种开局变例
or middle-game strategy, endgame theory. 或中局战术 残局理论
- Like it would have made a difference. - You don't ever study? -好像能改变什么似的 -你不研究吗
I analyze games. 我会分析棋局
圆明园毁灭的资料
What actually happened, not what could have happened. 实际发生的 而不是可能发生的
- And I play it by ear. - Like Capablanca. -然后我靠直觉下棋 -就像卡帕布兰卡一样山东于欢案
- He would have beaten Borgov. - Mmm, not every game. -他就能打败博尔戈夫 -也不是每次
Mmm, every game that counted. 每个重要的比赛
- You think I'm a prima donna, don't you? - It's chess. -你觉得我自命不凡 对吧 -这是象棋
We're all prima donnas. 我们都自命不凡
So, I've replayed your match with Benny Watts a dozen times now. 我复盘了十几次你和本尼·瓦茨的比赛
Why? 为什么
- That's ancient history. - Well, it's not that ancient. -那都是很久以前的事了 -也不算吧
- I'm a different player now. - In some ways. -我现在棋风不同了 -有些方面是的
You're stubborn, so you get mad. 你很固执 所以你会生气
When that happens, you can only e what's in front of you. 当你发怒时 你只能看到眼前的东西
Anger clears my head. 愤怒会清空我的脑子
Anger is a potent spice. 愤怒是种强劲的香料
A pinch wakes you up, too much dulls your ns. 一小撮能让人清醒 太多就让人麻木
Where'd you get that from, a fortune cookie? 这话你从哪听来的 幸运饼干吗
肠胃功能紊乱Mrs. Grecco, my cond grade teacher. 格雷克老师 我二年级时的老师
But the point is still valid. You've got to stay open. 但传达的意思不变 你得保持开放心态
If you get locked into one idea, 如果你固步自封
like this king knight pawn, say, it's death. 就像这个王翼马兵一样 就是死局
Look. 你看
- Now, the knight pawn is pinned. - So? -这个马前兵被堵住了 -所以呢
So you got to move the king now, or you get stuck later. 所以你得移走王 否则之后会被堵住
I can e that, but-- 我知道 但是
But look at the queen-side pawns, way over here. 但你看后翼兵 在这边
- He could do this. - Try it. -他可以这么下 -你试试怎样跟女生找话题聊天