后接of,from,in,on的动词短语
1.后接of的动词短语
*accu sb of sth因某事控告某人 the accud被告
They accud him of taking bribes.他们控告他受贿。
I haven’t accud him of anything.我没有指责他任何事。
*approve of赞成,同意
Her father will never approve of her marriage to you.他父亲永远不会同意她和你结婚。
Do you approve of hunting?你赞成打猎吗?
*assure sb of sth使确信;使保证
He assured her of his devotion.他使她确信他的挚爱。
I assured you of my support.我保证支持你。
*beware of对...小心;谨防;留意
Beware of fire.小心火烛。Beware of pickpockets.谨防扒手。Beware of the dog.当心狗。
末货*boast of(about)自夸;吹牛;说大话;自吹自擂
*boast onelf of自负;自夸。
It is nothing to boast of.这没有什么可夸耀的。
Great boast, small roast.[谚]说得多, 做得少。
You shouldn’t boast of your success.你不该对你的成功自吹自擂。
*complain of(about)抱怨;抗议;说自己有病(of)
She is always complaining about something.她总是怨天尤人。
The boy complained of a pain in his stomach.这孩子说他肚子痛。
*consist of由...组成(只用作主动态)
Substances consist of small particles called molecules.物质是由叫做分子的微粒组成的。
What does this horrible drink consist of?这个难喝的饮料是由什么组成的?
*consist in存在于
The beauty of the artist’s style consists in its simplicity.这位艺术家的风格上的美在于它的简朴。
*consist with(与...)一致;并存,并立
The information consists with her account.这消息与她的描述是一致的
*convince sb of(about)sth使某人相信某事,使某人信服
How can I convince you of her honesty?我怎样才能使你相信她很诚实呢?
*convince onelf of充分弄明白[清楚]
*cure sb of sth治愈, 治疗
They can only cure him of his illness if they operate on him.只有给他做手术才能治好他的病。
Parents try to cure their children of bad habits.父母试图改掉孩子的恶习。
*despair of绝望;失去全部希望
She despaired of reaching shore safely.她失去安全到达岸边的希望。
I despair of ever teaching him anything.我对他进行任何教育都失去了信心。
*dream of(about)梦见,梦到,梦想
I dreamt of you last night.昨晚我梦到你了。
His dream of being a doctor has come true.他当医生的愿望实现了。(名词)
I never dreamed of meeting you here.我绝对未想到在这里遇到你。
事以密成
Little did I dream of succeeding so well.我做梦也想不到如此圆满的成功。
*expect sth of(from)sb期待,期望
Hope for the best, but expect the worst.做最大的希望,但也等待最大的失望。
I was expecting a prent from her,so I was disappointed I didn’t receive one.我原来一直盼望着能收到她的礼物,所以因得不到而失望。
There is no need to give me the money,I don’t expect it of you.没有必要给我钱,我没指望你会给钱。金星果
We expect a great deal of you,Mr.Smith.史密斯先生,我们对你期望很高。
*be/get rid of使摆脱;使去掉
He is rid of fever.他的烧退了。
He was finally able to rid himlf of all financial worries.他终于能使自己摆脱所有的财政忧虑。
It took me a long time to get rid of him.我费了很长时间才摆脱了他。
*smell of散发(...的)气味,有(...的)气味 smelly[] adj.发臭的
smell of the shop带有商人习气 What a smell!多难闻的气味啊!
My hands smell of soap.我手上有香皂味儿。
The hou smells of paint.这房屋有油漆的气味。
*suspect of怀疑(有犯罪之嫌疑),猜想,对...有所觉察[]
I haven’t accud him of anything,but I suspect him of having taken it.
我没有指责他,但我还是怀疑他拿走了那个东西。
suspect sb.of a crime怀疑某人犯罪 The police suspect her of murder.警察怀疑她
犯了谋杀罪。
suspect嫌疑犯[]
*think of(about)考虑;想起,记得;想出(主意)
I can’t think of his name at the moment.我一时想不起他的名字。
Whatever made you think of such a thing?什么使你想起了这么一件事?
Can you think of a good place for the holidays?你能想出度假的好地方吗?
地感线圈*be/get tired of使…厌烦;使…的兴趣或耐心耗尽;使…厌倦
I am tired of watching TV.我看腻了电视。
I got tired of life.我厌倦了生活。
*warn of警告/提醒某人关于某事;(against)让某人警惕或提防某人/某事物
The police are warning motorists of possible delays.警察通知驾驶汽车的人交通可能受阻。
生肖虎
He warned us against pickpockets.他告诉我们要小心扒手。
I warned him of the danger,but he wouldn’t listen to me.我警告他有危险,可他就是不听。
2.后接from的动词短语
meaner*borrow sth from sb从某处借某物
I borrowed a book from the library yesterday.
How much have you borrowed from me already?
*defend sb/sth from(against) sth/sb保护某人/某物免受伤害;为支持某人/某物而行动
defend sb from attack保护某人免受攻击;defend one’s country against enemies卫国抗敌
defend onelf against enemy防御敌人
深圳卫视主持人
*demand from(of)要求,请求 demand for要求,请求(demand的为名词)
demand an apology from sb要求某人道歉
The workers’ demands for higher pay were refud by the employers.工人要求提高工资遭到雇主拒绝。
*differ from sb/sth与某人/某物不同,有区别
In this respect,French differs from English.在这方面,法语不同于英语。
(=French and English differ in this respect.)法语和英语有区别。
They differ from each other so much.他们俩差异太大。
*dismiss sb from sth免除某人职务;开除,解雇;把某人打发走
Jones was dismisd from the firm.琼斯被公司解雇了。
The duchess(公爵夫人) dismisd the rvant from her prence.公爵夫人让那个仆人退下。
*draw sth from/out of取出,拔出,抽出,获取/汲取
I drew a lot of money from the bank yesterday.昨天我从银行取了一大笔钱。
风娃娃教学设计
We can draw some lessons for the future from this accident.从这起事故中,我们可以为今后汲取教训。