Night on the Prairies
草原之夜
Walt Whitman
沃尔特 惠特曼
Night on the prairies,
草原的夜晚,
The supper is over, the fire on the ground bums low,
clever是什么意思
晚餐过了,火在地上轻轻地燃烧,
The wearied emigrants sleep, wrapt in their blankets;
疲倦了的牧民裹着他们的毯子睡着了,
affordanceI walk by mylf-I stand and look at the stars,mi two
我独自散步——我站着观望星星,south china
which I think now never realized before.
曼尼托巴大学那些我以前从没有注意过的星星。
Now I absorb immortality and peace,
现在我想着永生与和平,
I admire death and test propositions.
我羡慕死亡,我思考各种问题。
How plenteous! how spiritual! how resume!
多么丰饶!多么崇高!多么简明哟!
The same old man and soul-the same old aspirations,
同样的老人和灵魂——同样的旧有的渴望,
留学英国费用
and the same content.
同样的满足。
jones怎么读I was thinking the day most splendid
faith是什么意思我一直以为白天最为光辉灿烂,
till I saw what the not-day exhibited,
trumpet是什么意思直到我看见黑夜所展示的一切,
I was thinking this globe enough
我一直以为这个地球已经足够,
till there sprang out so noiless around me myriads of other
直到在我的周围无声地涌现出千万个其他的星球
globes.
现在空间和永恒的伟大思想已占据了我,
Now while the great thoughts of space and eternity fill me
我要以它们来测量我自己,
I will measure mylf by them,
现在我接触到其他星球的生命,
And now touch'd with the lives of other globes arrived as far
这生命跟地球上的生命一样
along as tho of the earth,
来自遥远的地方,
Or waiting to arrive, or pass'd on farther than tho of the earth
或是即将来临,
I henceforth no more ignore them than I ignore my own life,
或是已经超越了地球上的生命,
Or the lives of the earth arrived as far as mine,
analytical
此后我将不再漠视它们,正如我不漠视我己的生命,
or waiting to arrive.
或者那些在大地上跟我一样到来的,
O I e now that life cannot exhibit all to me,
或将要来到的生命。
as the day cannot,
啊,我现在知道生命不能向我展示出所有的一切,
I e that I am to wait for what will be exhibited by death.
白天也不能 我看出我得等待那由死亡展示出来的东西。