Lesson 1 Thanks ,plea 记得说“请”
A: Help! Help! Help! help me , I need food, I need water, I need a hou, a wife.救命!我要食物、水、房子和妻子!B: You must first say “plea”你要先说“请”
A: Okay, Okay, plea help me ,plea give me some food, plea give me some water.好,好!请帮我。请给我……A: hey, I said "plea"!嘿,我说“请”啦
B: Indeed , but you didn’t say “thank you ”的确是的,但你没有说“谢谢你”
Lesson 2 Can you tell me how to get to Nanjing road?请问南京路怎么走?
Man: Pardon me ,can you tell me how to get to Nanjing road?请问,能告诉我怎样去南京路吗?
Boy: Sure, you can take bus number 21 ,or subway line 1 .当然可以,你可以坐21路公共汽车,或者1号地铁。Man: Which one is faster?哪条线更快一些?
Boy: If I were you ,I’ll take the subway.如果我是你的话,我会坐地铁去。
Man: Thank you .谢谢你。
Girl: Excu me , do you know where the muum is? 请问,你知道博物馆在哪儿吗?
Boy: Easy, jus t go north on Shanxi road, it’s about 20 minutes from here, the muum is on the left. you can’tmiss it.那还不容易。沿南京路向北走,从这儿大约走20分钟,博物馆就在左边。不会错的。
Girl: Thanks 谢谢。Boy: You are welcome. 不客气。
Lesson 3 Is Kevin home ? 凯文在家吗?
Bird 1: I’m bored. Is there any way I can have fun? 我觉得很无聊。有什么办法找点乐吗?
Bird 2: Easy, Just watch! 容易啦。看着来!
Bird 2: Ding dong ! Is Kevin home? 叮咚!…凯文在家吗?Man:----Coming 来啦!
Bird 1: Ding dong! Is Kevin home? 叮咚!…凯文在家吗?Man:----Coming来啦!
Bird 1: Ding dong!叮咚!Man----
Bird 1: Ding dong! Is Kevin home?…凯文在家吗?Man: No. He’s … He’s …He’s… He’s not in. 不…他…他…他不在
Bird 1&2: ha ha ha … 哈哈哈……
Bird 2: No, he’s … he’s … he’s not in. He’s not in.不,他…他…他不在。他不在。
Boy: Is Kevin home? 凯文在家吗?Bird: He’s not in. 他不在。
Bird 1&2: ha ha ha …哈哈哈……
Lesson 4 I don’t like Peking Duck我不喜欢北京烤鸭
Boy: Hey, man, Is this your first time in Shanghai?嘿,伙计,你第一次来上海吧?Jeff:--Yeah 是的
Boy: do you like the city? 你喜欢这城市吗?Jeff: yes I do. 对,喜欢
Boy: how about Beijing? 那北京呢?Jeff: I haven’t been there yet. 还没去过那儿呢。
Boy: Have you tried Peking duck? 吃过北京烤鸭吗?Jeff: yeah, it’s great. 吃过。可美味了。
Boy: Hi, buddy, he said he likes Peking duck, How about you? 嘿,伙计,他说他喜欢北京烤鸭,你呢?Duck: Absolutely not, I do not like Peking duck. 一点也不。我不喜欢北京烤鸭。
Lesson 5 What a fat bird 好一只胖鸟
Bird 1: Hey, how are you guys doing?嘿,你们好!
Bird 234: Fine , how are you? 好,你呢?
Bird 2: I’m really bored.真无聊.I’m leaving.我要回家了.See you around! 待会儿见!
Bird 34: Ok, e you later!好啊,待会儿见!Bye! 再见!
Bird 4: Sorry , I have to go now. I have a class this evening..抱歉,我现在得走了晚上我得上课.
Bird 2: See you tomorrow. 明天见!So long! 再见!
Bird 1: Take care! 保重!
Bird 2: It’s … it’s getting late.天越来越晚了.I’m afraid …I have to go now.我恐怕...我得走了.Bird 1: Good night! Sweet dreams! 晚安!做个好梦!
Lesson 6 Mmmm, delicious! 嗯…., 美味啊!
Frog 1: Mmmm, delicious! There’s nothing like fresh mo squitoes! 嗯…美味啊!没有比新鲜蚊子更好吃的了! Frog 2: Tho mosquitoes really look tasty! 那些蚊子看起来很好吃.
Frog 1: They sure are! You ought to catch some yourlf! 没错. 但是你得自已抓.
There’s plenty! 这儿还有很多!
Frog 2: Can you give me a hand? 你能帮助我一下吗?
Frog 1: I’d love to.我很乐意.
Kid, but I’m kind of busy right now! 小东西,可是我现在没空.
Frog 2: Can you give me a hand? 你能帮助我一下吗?
Lesson 7 I don’t like the book 我不喜欢这本书
Kevin: This one’s a red-hot best ller! 这是一本最畅销的书!
You’ve really got to check it out. 你可以去看看。
I guarantee you’ll love it . 我保证你会喜欢它的!
Jeff: What a great novel! I love it! 多棒的一本小说啊!我喜欢!
Girl: This book is too long! 这本书太长了!
Boy: What a bore! 这太叫人讨厌了!
Bob: This book is utterly tasteless. 这本书一点没有味道。
Lesson 8 He’s my favorite 我是我的最爱
Fish: Hey, this is great! Woo-hoo! 嘿,这太棒了!喔…呜!
Jeff: Hmph. I can’t stand Elvis. 我受不了艾尔维斯.
Fish: You must be kidding! Why not?你在开玩笑! 为什么不喜欢?
Jeff: He’s too boring . 他太无聊了. He’s so dull, it makes me nod off. 他是那么的乏味,让我犯困.
Fish: Ok, so what singer do you like? 那好,你喜欢谁呢?
Jeff: The only kind of singer I like is one who wakes everybody up! 我喜欢那种能把所有人叫醒的歌手! Lesson 9 Cheers! ... HICCUP 干杯!
Jeff: Hey , dude! 老兄! How are you doing? 过得好吗? Have a nice weekend! Cheers! 过个愉快的周末! 干杯! Merry Christmas, buddy! 圣诞快乐, 伙计!
Frog: Merry Christmas! 圣诞快乐!
Jeff: Happy birthday! 祝你生日快乐!
Bob: Happy birthday?生日快乐?
Jeff: Have a great Valentines Day! 祝你情人节玩得开心!
Happy new year! 新年快乐!
And …and …祝….Have a nice trip ! 祝你旅途愉快!
Lesson 10 Do you speak English? 你讲英语吗?
Bird 1: Hey , are you two free on Saturday? 嗨,你们俩星期六有空吗?
Bird 2: Yeah! What do you have in mind? 是的,怎么了?
Bird 1: I’d like to take you to …我想带你们去。。。
Bird 2: …take us to dinner? ….带我们去吃晚餐?
Cool! I really enjoyed that bug pizza we had last time! 酷! 我喜欢我们上次吃的虫子披萨!
Bird 1: No, no! 不,不! I want to take you to study a foreign language! 我想带你们去学外语!
Bird 2: Study a foreign language? 学外语?
Bird 1: Sure! 对Wouldn’t it be great to speak another language? 能说外语很棒,不是吗?
It would be so uful! 外语真的很有用!
Bird 2: It would ? 是吗?
Bird 1: Yeah, just think how much fun it would be sing in another language! 当然,想想,用外语唱歌有多有趣!Bird 2: Really? Okay! 真的吗?好吧!
Bird 3: Yeah, let’s try it! 好吧,让我们试试!
Bob: All right then, repeat after me!好了,跟我读!
Lesson 11 You flatter me. 你在恭维我。
Flower 1: MY , don’t you look smart today! 你今天看上去真帅!
Flower 2: Really? Why thank you ! 是吗?哎呀,谢谢!
I don’t remember you telling me that before! 过去我可从没听说过!
Flower 1: Oh, I’ve always thought you were beautiful! 哦!我一直认为你很漂亮!
Flower 3: That new home of yours is really gorgeous adj.华丽的, 灿烂的! 你的新房子真是漂亮极了!
Flower 2: Really? Oh, you flatter me! 是吗?你在恭维我!You are such a sweet-talker! 你的嘴真甜!
Flower 3: Congratulations on your new home! 恭喜你有了个新家!
Flower 2: Why, thank you very much! 哎呀,非常感谢!
Lesson 12 What do you do ? 你是干什么工作的?
Kevin: Today let’s talk about jobs! 今天让我们来谈谈自已的工作!
Excu me , can you tell me what you do ? 请问您的工作是什么?
Fish: Me? I’m a cab driver. 你问我吗? 啊! 我是个出租司机.
This is a really tiring job, you know. 你知道这是个很累人的工作.
Kevin: Pardon me, could you tell me what you do for a living? 对不起,请问你是什么工作?
Boy: Sure, I’m a salesman. 啊! 我是一名推销员.
Say, if you need anything, just gi ve me …… a call. 如果你想买什么的话, 别忘了给我打电话
Bob: Fresh milk! Fresh milk! 新鲜牛奶! 新鲜牛奶!
Kevin: Sorry to disturb you, what , may I ask , is your job? 打搅您了,请问您是什么工作?
Bob: Who, me ? I’m just a shop assistant. 我吗? 我是个商店售货员.
Hello! Would you like some fresh, sweet milk? 您需要新鲜、香甜的牛奶吗?
Kevin: Excu me, sir, could you plea tell us ,what is your profession? 耽误您一分钟,请问您的工作是什么? Surgeon: Why, I’m a surgeon. 我的职业是外科医生.
Kevin: And me? I’m a reporter, bringing you this story. 啊! 我的职业是记者,正在现场报道.
How about you? 那么您的职业是什么呢?
Lesson 13 Bottoms up! 干杯!
Bob: I’ve got some great news! 我要告诉你一个好消息。
Jeff: Beat it! I’m in a bad mood. 走开!我今天心情可不好。
Bob: This is my lucky day! 今天是我走运的日子!I found a new job! 我找到个新工作。
Jeff: A new job?. Really ? 新工作?真的?
Bob: Really! 真的!I wanted you to be the first to know! 所以我希望你第一个听到这个好消息。
Jeff: Congratulations! 祝贺你!I wish you the best of luck in your new job! 祝你工作顺利!
Let’s drink to that! 让我们为这个喝一杯!To your luck! 为你的幸运!
Bob: Thank you! 谢谢!And to our friendship! 还有我们的友谊!
Jeff: To friendship! 为了友谊!
Bob: Wait! And to your health! 等等!还有你的健康!
Jeff: Yes, Yes, to good health. 对,为了健康。
Bob: And to….还有…To… Cheers! 干杯!
Lesson 14It’s my first time. 这是我的第一次
Mr. B: I’m really nervous about this.我真的很紧张。I’ve got butterflies! 我在发抖!
Mr. G: Don’t worry, everyone’s afraid the first time! 别担心,第一次的时候,每个人都会害怕。
Br. B: Are you sure everything is ready? 你确定这很安全?
Mr. G: Yes, I’ve double-checked everything. 是的,我已经查过两次了。
Trust me! 相信我!Ok, go for it! 来,跳吧!
Mr. B: Ah ……
Br. G: That’s it! 就是这样!You’re doing great! 干得不赖!
Mr. B & Mr. G: Ah … Ah …
Lesson 15 I want to fly 我想飞
Bird: Can I give you a hand? 我能帮你吗?
Jeff: No, thanks. 谢谢。
Bob: Are you sure you don’t need any help? 你真的不需要帮忙吗?
Jeff: I don’t want to risk my neck just to fly. 我可不想为了飞而伤着自己。Who wants to fly, anyway. 谁想要飞啊。Lady: May I help you ? 有什么要帮忙的吗?