2023年1月3日发(作者:希腊神话动画片)
看The Big Bang Theory学英语 第二季 12集:The Killer Robot Instability
killer: 杀手 robot: 机器人 instability: 不稳定性
[Scene: Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment, Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Wolowitz are there.]
-Wolowitz: All right, that's the last rvo.
rvo: 伺服(电动机)系统
好了,最后一个部件。
Behold the Mobile Omnidirectional Neutralization and Termination Eradicator.
behold: 瞧,看 mobile: 活动的 omnidirectional: 全方向的 neutralization: 平衡termination: 终端 eradicator: 根除者
人家看到的,是全方位运动销毁终结切割器。
Or....
或者…
-All: MONTE
MONT-E
-Wolowitz: Featuring one articulated razor-sharp, killing saw, one polycarbonate grinding, and flipping wheel,
feature: 是…的特征 articulate: 结成有机整体的 razor-sharp: 锋利的 saw: 锯状工具 polycarbonate: 聚碳酸酯 grinding: 磨的 flipping: 转动 wheel: 轮子
装有铰接式锋利锯齿,聚碳酸脂磨刀和转动轮,
steel-armor plate exoskeleton, top and bottom, and enough horpower to drive, a 110 pounds of mechanized death,
steel-armor: 钢甲控制的 plate: 金属板 exoskeleton: 外壳 bottom: 底部 horpower: 马力 mechanized: 用机械操作的
从上到下为钢制金属板外壳,其马力足以将110磅的机械
from zero to holy crap, in 4.8 conds.
holy: 可怕的 crap: 废物
彻底毁灭,只需短短4.8秒。
-Sheldon: Is it wrong to say I love our killer robot?
如果说我爱我们的机器人杀手,是不是大罪过?
-Raj: As with my father, I both love and fear it.
跟对我爸爸一样,我既爱它又怕它。
-Wolowitz: All right, enough chitchat. Let's destroy something.
chitchat: 废话
好了,废话少说,我们来搞点破坏。
-All: 1, 2, 3.
1,2,3.
-Raj: Okay. What shall be first, to taste the wrath of Monte?
taste: 尝 wrath: 愤怒
好了,让谁先来尝尝Monte的厉害?
-Leonard: Maybe we should start small.
也许我们该从小的东西开始。
-Raj: Ok, oh, perhaps today is the day we finally find out what’s inside the magic ball.
好吧,也许今天我们最终可以搞清楚这个魔法球里有什么了。
-Sheldon: Did it when I was four.
我四岁时就做过了。
It's an icosahedral dye, floating in tinted blue water.
icosahedral: 二十面体的 dye: 燃料 float: 漂浮 tinted: 着色的
是个二十面体染色物在蓝水里漂浮。
-Raj: Man, call "spoiler alert", before you say things like that.
spoiler alert: 剧情透露 spoiler: 破坏者 alert: 警告
老兄,说之前给个"剧透"警告好吧。
-Leonard: How about the toaster oven?
toaster oven: 烤箱
烤面包机怎么样?
-Sheldon: What did the toaster oven ever do to you?
烤面包机咋得罪你了?
-Leonard: What did I ever do to Jimmy Mullins in the third grade?
三年级时我又咋得罪Jimmy Mullins了?
He still punched me in, the face with my own fists.
punch: 用
拳猛击 fist: 拳头
他照样用我的拳头朝我的脸打了一拳。
Sorry, you little nerd, you were just in the wrong boys' room at the wrong time.
nerd: 呆子
抱歉,可爱的小呆子,你在错误的时间出现错误的房间。
-Wolowitz: Gentlemen, goggles.
goggle: 护目镜
们,护眼镜。
-Sheldon: This is an auspicious moment.
auspicious: 吉兆的【见证历史的】
这可是个历史性的时刻。
Like Robert Oppenheimer, or Neil Armstrong,
Robert Oppenheimer: 罗伯特·奥本海默,制造第一枚核武器的人 Neil Armstrong: 尼尔·阿姆斯特朗,第一次登月的人
就像Robert Oppenheimer和Neil Armstrong。
we need the appropriate words to mark this historic scientific event.
appropriate: 适当的 mark: 作记号【纪念】 historic: 有历史意义的 event: 事件
我们得编句合适的台词来纪念这个有历史意义的科学事件。
-Raj: How about "Die, toaster, die"?
死吧,烤面包机,去死吧!怎么样?
-Leonard: That'll do it.
我看行。
[MONTE destroyed the toaster]
-Raj: All right, what's next?
好啦,接下来砍什么?
[Penny is talking on the phone while MONTE breaks out]
-Penny: No, I think I'm just going to stay in tonight and do laundry. Ah!!!!!!!!
laundry: 洗衣
不了,我今晚要呆在家里洗衣服。啊!!!!
-Wolowitz: Oh, yeah, this door got the full Monte.
噢,耶,这门被Monte毁了。
-Penny: Leonard?
Leonard?
What the hell?
怎么回事?
-Leonard: Killer robot. We built it.
机器人杀手,我们造的。
-Penny: Yeah, well, it almost killed me.
是吗,它差点杀了我。
-Sheldon: If it wanted to kill you, you'd be dead.
它要是想杀你,你早死了。
-Penny: So, who exactly does it want to kill?
exactly: 确切地
那么,它到底想杀谁?
-Sheldon: I'm sorry, are you unaware of the upcoming Southern California Robot Fighting
League Round Robin Invitational?
unware: 不知道的 upcoming: 即将来临的 California: 加利福尼亚(美国西部的州)fighting: 搏斗 league: 联盟 round robin: 循环赛 invitational: 只限于被邀请的
抱歉,难道你不知道即将举行的南加州机器人格斗循环邀请赛?
-Penny: You know, since I moved last year, not all my mail has been forwarded.
forward: 转寄
知道吗,从我去年搬来以后,不是所有的邮件都被转寄掉。
-Wolowitz: It's a big deal.
这可是件大事。
There's an awards banquet and a dance afterward.
awards: 授予奖励 banquent: 宴会 afterward: 后来【接着宴会后的活动】
会有颁奖宴会还有舞会。
Perhaps you'd like to come with me.
也许你会想跟我一起去。
I know the other fellas would be really excited to e a girl there.
fella: 小伙子
我相信其他人看见女生肯定会很兴奋。
-Penny: How is it suppod to be a dance if I'm the only girl?
如果就我一个女生去,怎么能叫舞会呢?
-Wolowitz: Well, t
hat may be a slight exaggeration.
slight: 轻微的【有点】 exaggeration: 夸张
好吧,也许这么说有点夸张。
You'd be the only doable girl.
你是唯一可以上的女孩。
-Penny: You're a pig, Howard.
你是头猪,Howard。
-Wolowitz: How is "doable" anything, but a compliment?
compliment: 赞美辞
可以上是在赞美你,没别的意思。
-Leonard: Howard, why don't we just work on the robot?
Howard,我们还是搞机器人吧。
-Wolowitz: Plea, Leonard, not now.
拜托,Leonard,现在不是时候。
Once again, Penny and I have begun our little tango.
tango: 探戈舞
又一次,Penny和我开始了我们的双人探戈。
-Penny: Our tango?
我们的探戈?
-Wolowitz: The carnal repartee, the erotic to and fro.
carnal: 肉体的 repartee: 机敏的回答【巧妙的辗转】 erotic: 性欲的 to and fro: 来回地 fro: 向后
肉体的博弈,性欲的推拉。
But as delicious as the appetizer might be,
appetizer: 开胃品
尽管开胃菜很美味,
at some point we will have to succumb and eat the entry while it's still...
succumb: 屈服 entry: 主体【主菜】
我们还是该屈从吃下主菜,趁它还是...
hot.
热的。
-Leonard: I'm begging you, stop talking.
求你了,不要再说了。
-Penny: Look, normally I can just ignore you.
ignore: 无视
听着,通常呢,我无视你就好了。
I mean, I get it-- you're a little peculiar.
peculiar: 怪癖的
我知道,你有点古怪。
You know, like Sheldon.
就像Sheldon。
-Sheldon: Excu me, Penny, but in this room, you're the one who's peculiar.
抱歉,Penny,但是在这间屋里,你才是古怪的那个。
-Penny: Yeah, you might be right.
嗯,也许你说的对。
But back to you.
但是回到你身上。
I know you think you're some sort of smooth-talking ladies' man,
smooth-talking: 能言善道的
我知道你认为自己是个能言善辩的少女杀手,
but the truth is, you are just pathetic and creepy.
pathetic: 可悲的 creepy: 令人毛骨悚然的
但事实是,你很可悲又恶心。
-Wolowitz: So what are you saying?
那么啥意思呢?
-Penny: I am saying it is not a compliment to call me "doable."
我的意思是说我是"可以上的"根本就不是啥赞美。
It's not xy to stare at my ass and say, Ooh,
stare: 盯着看
盯着我的屁股看并说,喔~这肯定是果冻,
it must be jelly, becau jam don't shake like that.
jelly: 果冻 jam: 果酱
因为果酱不会这样晃动,一点也不性感。
And most important, we are not dancing a tango, we're not to'ing and fro'ing.
还有最重要的,我们没有在跳探戈,我们没有你推我拉。
Nothing is ever going to happen between us. Ever.
我们之间不会有什么,永远不会。
-Wolowitz: Wait a minute. This isn't flirting. You're rious.
flirt: 调情
等一下,这不是在调情,你在说真的?
-Penny: Flirting? You think I'm flirting with you?
调情